View Poll Results: What Conversion Would you go for?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Williams 2.0 16V Thru & Thru

14 46.67%
  • Megane 2.0 16V All The Way

10 33.33%
  • Williams Bottom End And Megane Head

6 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

Which Conversion Would you go for?

Hey guys,

Seen as my car is pretty much dead, its on its last legs anyway...Id like your opinions of which conversion I should go for.

I rang LTR, asked for winston and he wasnt in but I spoke to another guy there and he seemed like he was incredibly educated about this sort of thing and I will probably go down the route he advised.

However...
    What would you go for and Why?...Poll Above!

I dont mind as to the difficulty of the job of whichever I go for cos I wont be doing it, Ill be paying someone who is capable. I WONT be re-using my Valver head, If I dont use a whole megane engine or williams engine, I will definetly be using a williams bottom end with megane head.

LTR Told me to go for Willy Bottom End & Megane Head, OR Just go with a megane F7R engine straight off? Or lastly go for the willy lump, but I would be happy with this by all means lol.

Cheers

Mike

Williams F7R 700 lump is the easiest to install. Plug and play with a valver.

Megane F7R 710 head is better, and the cams are milder, but still produces the same power. Needs the head machined to accept the dizzy.

Megane F7R 710 bottom end seems to have produced some good reults with hybrids, mainly due to being on less milage than williams bottom ends!

If you into tuning, and want serious power, id F7R 710 it completly! Stick some fast road cams in, and a remap and you will be laughing!

Often the megane engines go for a lot less than a williams lump will!

what you seem to be forgetting tho is that the inlet side of things is diff on the megane...so you will have to use the meg inlet too, and adapt the throttle body/pot .

bit of a ball ache tbh......might as well use the valver head but get it re-worked , will give same results

use a meggy head with inlet and that... get a knackered willy/meggy bottom end and rebuild it..
    the meggy head aparently has alot more to work with so you will get better gains from it....
    craig who has most powerful n/a mk1 has a willy bottom end and meggy head iirc

Had a willy lump put in mine recently m8 at LTR...u probably spoke to james, as u said he does know his stuff when it comes to renaults! They did a good job in the end for me...so whatever u go for u can expect good value for money. Just depends what your after really m8...as above you'd probably expect better gains from going down the megane route.

I'd go for a full willy engine or use your existing head on meggy btm end.

Forum User
    Full Willy engine as that is what I did.

Can't really comment on the rest, but mine goes pretty well

Full Willy engine because it's quicker and easier, so you get your car back sooner and have more money to spend on other mods. :D

Forum User
    Megane engine is the most superior so go with that. Mod-for-mod you'll make more power than a williams engine could dream of.

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by u33db
    Megane engine is the most superior so go with that. Mod-for-mod you'll make more power than a williams engine could dream of.
    nonsense. they are the same, megane's just tend to have lower miles and are newer.