I've finally got round to rebuilding my engine, here are some pics with comments of various stages.

This is still work in progress, so i'll keep adding to this as I progress, enjoy...

Parked up in the garage, probably the last time it'll be in one piece

714 megane block, front of, cheers winston... I will get this cleaned up before it goes in

rear of the new block, note that the 714 block doesn't have the chunky vertical strengthening viens that the willy block has, but it does have more viens between the bolt holes. Also the oil pump is driven off the crank on this, so the oil pump pulley is just now an idler pulley.

Engine bay stripped mostly...

now the looms off the engine is ready to be lifted...

engine crane in place... I had a very nasty accident with this crane later on involving my fingers being crushed !

arj posing

clear of the engine bay now

the new engine installed... lol

one very dirty gearbox off

on the bench

head off

got a bit carried away with the wire wheel on one of the pulleys

and another

clean up the engine bay a bit...

grinding some of the rust away

I've just spent this evening grinding all the rust in the engine bay away. Kurust has been applied now aswell. Went to halfrauds and got a can of 449, this will be applied tomorrow night if I get time.

I've also been cleaning up engine parts, but no pics yet sorry. Plan to get the engine back in at the weekend, will post more pics as I progress!

Its been off the road 5 months, so can't wait to get her back!