PDA

View Full Version : Koni rear dampers

TriO`
31-03-2006, 10:12
I knew something there was up with my suspension recently but i wasn't sure what...

after an inspection i see that my rear damper was leaking oil and obviously ****ed.

Koni really are shocking.... my other one snapped recently and now a couple of months later this one pisses out oil and dies too...

anyway, luckly i still hadn't fitted my other new one. popped it on this morning and all was cool

lets hope my new set of Koni's hold out better than the last :lol:

i know gunners konis broke, anyone elses?

Zollo
31-03-2006, 10:21
Well, I had some Avo shocks on my 205 and they leaked. So I got Leda coilovers, and after a year or so they needed a complete rebuild. Conversely, standard shocks seems to last rather a lot longer :roll:

I'd go for Bilstein stuff, and that's about it.

James Clio 16v
31-03-2006, 14:38
I've got Konis all round and have never had a problem with them.

Might just be lucky though!!!

TriO`
31-03-2006, 15:41
touch wood mate

Jason
31-03-2006, 17:03
Ι've always wondered how you adjust the rear yellow konis :?:

TriO`
31-03-2006, 18:00
they have to be off the car to adjust them. There's a small button that you push that's loacted under a little metal cap. whilst it is activated the shock can be adjusted by rotation. after you let go of the button they can be turned freely again without interferring with the damping....

if that makes any sense

i could have probably just said theres a little button :)

dannyt
01-04-2006, 20:19
I replaced my APEX rear dampers as the bushes disintergrated and so now have the yellow koni's, touch wood they seem ok, but like zollo said, Bilstein or originals next time!