PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure gauges not working

dannyb1986
30-03-2006, 23:31
my oil pressure gauges arnt working as they should, the temp never moves off the bottom and the pressure one moves up to 1 bar occaisonally, the engine runs fine, but i dont like driving round when my oil preesure is 0 bar!! any1 had this problem or could hazard a guess on a quick fix? also does any1 know if the oil temp sensor and oil pressure are 2 differnt items, and were they are located?

Coops
30-03-2006, 23:48
oil level and temp are same sender unit and located at the front passenger side of the block just above the sump. the sender uses a renault standard wiring loom clip just behind the radiator under the inlet manifold that comes undone quite easily so if neither ur level or temp works its likely to be that.
for ref engine oil normal temp when the engines at operating temp is around 100 degrees

pressure sender is located diagonally opposite on the back of the block just behind n to right of timing belt cover. not sure as to what ur fault is but for reference pressure shud read about 3 bar at cold idle then when engines up to temp just over 0 bar idle and about 3 bar at 70mph