PDA

View Full Version : x box 360 or ps3?

Mattie
30-03-2006, 22:58
was gona waite 4 ps3 to cum out but then ghost recon came out on the 360 and i want it! :P

Coops
30-03-2006, 23:55
wait till ps3 comes out if u can, weigh up both,decide which u want then buy the 360 cuz it'll of had a big fat price drop! :wink:

big hp
31-03-2006, 00:14
360 all the way mate.

J o n
31-03-2006, 09:02
pmsl, keep telling you guys, PS3 is destined for failure...

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9126/PlayStation-3-GPU-Less-Powerful-than-GeForce-7800/

so it wont even be on par with current technology... it's going to be a flop, but will sell because people are stupid on the whole

Gav
31-03-2006, 09:09
im waiting for the ps3 myself
never been a x-box fan

and they cant be that good cuz i have a few mates who brought one then sold it cuz it was shite

J o n
31-03-2006, 12:01
and they cant be that good cuz i have a few mates who brought one then sold it cuz it was shite

good point, I went into Argos the other week and they must have thought they were shit, because they were selling them too! :shock: :roll:

PS3's a flop, the fan boys will keep it in business, but coming from a PC/Hardware background I actually look into consoles etc before I buy them and these are a few basic facts:

360's GPU wont be available for another year at least, it's direct 10+...

PS3 GPU will already be several of months out of date on launch, meaning that PC's will have more modern hardware... incidentally still wont be at the level of the 360 just quite... so tech spec the Xbox 360 is much better. This is fact, not opinion, the RSX chip is only slightly newer than current PC hardware, so Sony are relying on user ignorance to aid sales... good title support too, but that balance has shifted too... the only reason I ever found to buy PS2's when the Xbox was out was Pro Evo being unavailable, but the Xbox is a clearly superior machine in every aspect.

snakeylady
31-03-2006, 12:31
Definately agree you should get the 360 now - excellent games line up with some really good stuff coming up - GRAW is suberb - the graphics and game play are amazing - even better online apparently [just waiting for wireless hookup to go LIVE] and is likely to be the better bet for a while yet. Go on treat yourself - you know you want to :lol:

Andyvalver
31-03-2006, 14:00
Id wait till the ps3 is out and then decide. You cant really pass comments on the ps3 as its not out yet, it might be better than the 360 but you wont know till its out.

Chris n`nic
31-03-2006, 14:18
Lol @ fanboys. I`m going to wait and see...at the end of the day it`s hardly going to be shit is it. I love the fact that the link is off a XB site. The clever marketing is ATI saying the XB360 technology won`t be available in the PC for x amount of time...that doesn`t mean that they couldn`t do it more that Microsoft have probably told them not to release it too close the the XB launch. (also seems funny that the report in the link was from 8 months ago...there is probably a report saying that the PS3 is shit because it won`t have a HHD...but that isn`t true now)

J o n
31-03-2006, 14:18
Id wait till the ps3 is out and then decide. You cant really pass comments on the ps3 as its not out yet, it might be better than the 360 but you wont know till its out.

by the time it comes out (next year for sure imo) it wont be next gen though, I'd prefer not to miss out personally. As for passing comment why the hell cant we? Sony release this spec and hype it up, then say, oh, the quad core CPU doesn't actually work and that the RSX GPU had to be completely re-designed as it was in effect useless as developers couldn't write software for it... Sony blew their own trumpet saying it does this and that... well it doesn't do much of anything as they dont exist yet... having bought and owned a Play Station and 2 Play Station 2's I wont be going back until it's out and can be proven not to break down... it will also have to offer something the Xbox doesn't... that used to be Pro Evo, not anymore... lol

Chris n`nic
31-03-2006, 14:47
This is more upto date....and it isn`t off a PS3 site

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps3/games/news/51558.shtml

Chris

Andyvalver
31-03-2006, 14:58
Jesus, it will still be the next gen console because they wont release another for a good few years.

It probably will be as good as the 360 as well, just sony ****ed up with the release date.

J o n
31-03-2006, 15:59
Chris, you read the one from the developer they fired as he criticised how bad it was to program? dunno what to believe tbh, but all I do know is it's not here yet, it keeps getting delayed and all we hear are excuses from Sony... originally this was going to be out before the 360! lol

Andy, by next gen I dont mean my grand kids will be playing it, i'll be on Xbox 1080 by then :wink: :lol:

Dancliovalver
31-03-2006, 16:16
Sexbox 360 all the way, had one for abit and loved it, may be able to get my hands on another soon :lol:

Swervin_Mervin
31-03-2006, 17:25
If I was a gaming nerd I'd buy the 360. As it is I'm not, and the PS3 will offer the greater breadth of games that I can pick up and kill for 5 minutes, and it will (maybe) offer Blue-ray.

If Microsoft can organise a HD-DVD or Blue ray compatability at about the same time then I might be swayed.

Andyvalver
31-03-2006, 17:33
I thought one of sonys problems was that nobody else wanted blue ray so they might not be doing it. :?

Rott
31-03-2006, 18:44
Got the X360 at xmas from myself :lol: but still a PS fan, will be gettin one whatever the outcome, still gonna b a quality gaming machine 8)

Coops
31-03-2006, 19:21
**** em both imo, buy a pc, more fun to upgrade as u need and u can customise it to your own spec! pricier but more fun! and since i like taking stuff apart, as must you lot (you bought clios ffs!! :wink: )

not that impressed with xbox 360, graphics are okay, but nothing can compare to that first go on original playstation after 2d gaming! gran turismo, omg was that good! :D

Mattie
31-03-2006, 21:10
wait till ps3 comes out if u can, weigh up both,decide which u want then buy the 360 cuz it'll of had a big fat price drop! :wink:

this is wot i was originaly gona do...but there soo many gd games cumin out on the 360......

tbh the only reason i bought a ps2 over the XB was cuz of the games available, but i think the 360 will have the same type of games out as the ps3 if not betta 1s?....

i might just get both :P

J o n
01-04-2006, 15:47
f**k em both imo, buy a pc, more fun to upgrade as u need and u can customise it to your own spec! pricier but more fun! and since i like taking stuff apart, as must you lot (you bought clios ffs!! :wink: )

not that impressed with xbox 360, graphics are okay, but nothing can compare to that first go on original playstation after 2d gaming! gran turismo, omg was that good! :D

if you have a 360 you need a PC as well to get the best out of it really anyway, but i'd not have a 360 over a PC... would have to have both... and need my laptop too... so all needed really... need more consoles... wish I still had my NES :cry:

Coops
02-04-2006, 16:00
i got me pc, me laptop, my old megadrive and my old original grey ps. wudnt get rid of any of em! still love world cup italia 90 and superhang on!! 8)

gonna sell the pc soon i reckon and buy a dell and change the m/board to make most of it. the hp one i got is okay but fancy new un! :twisted:

me mates got a psp n all and been playin on it shitloads again now, startin to regret sellin mine.....mite have to reinvest in one! :roll:

Mattie
02-04-2006, 20:09
decided 2 get the 360 8)

Jamie.
02-04-2006, 20:12
dont sell far cry its a very good game

Mattie
04-04-2006, 18:09
stop it!.....im actualy thinkin about keepin it now :lol: