PDA

View Full Version : Tarox

matty
30-03-2006, 15:49
Just spoken to them direct as get cliosport discount with them (10 per cent) although they didn't ask for member number.

Ordered some rear pads and whilst I was there asked about their brake kits. They do a 4 pot and 6 pot set up to fit under 15" wheels but they use a slightly larger disk.

Told them there are people crying out on here for a better caliper set up on standard sized disks and he mentioned they do some work in conjunction with Nick Hill so he will mention it. They also mentioned they would do a group buy and also mentioned that they would do me a good price when my G88 discks wear out if I choose to get the kit including the larger disks.

They were sound to speak to and good that they may consider doing a brake kit with 4 or 6 pot for normal sized disks.

stew
30-03-2006, 15:52
8)

Nice one! Keep us posted!

Dancliovalver
30-03-2006, 16:02
i had tarox grooved front discs, supplied and fitted at hillpower, was very very impressed with them!!

Lunner
30-03-2006, 16:36
rumors are that someone is developing a wilwood kit...but dunno

when i gat som cash together i'll get some midilite calipers and std discs and get some brackets made up and then sell the brackets on their own and everyone else can order their calipers (will supply part numbers), but i'm not gonna say this is definate, depends on how much it costs to develop the brackets and if someoen else has done one by then

matty
30-03-2006, 18:08
Yeah tired of waiting for wilwoods. Will go for Tarox and my existing G88 disks if I can. If enough people badger them for a set up for standard sized disks using 4 or 6 pots they may do them.

midge
30-03-2006, 19:42
how much is the tar-ox 4 pot kit?

matty
04-04-2006, 20:53
Both 4 and 6 pots are £639 plus VAT but that includes new 280mm disks. I already have normal sized G88 disks so would want kit to fit standard disks.

Tarox say that seems to be their new thinking so if they can redesign brackets with someone (they mentioned they often use Hillpower) then cost will be less without the big disks.

2 live
04-04-2006, 20:55
hmmmmmm think il be waiting for the wilwoods if it all goin thru kill power tbh.

matty
04-04-2006, 20:56
And get 10 precent cliosport discount with Tarox plus they mentioned they could do a group buy.

I said loads of people on here are after better brakes and they only thing available seems to be Wilwood.

If enough people said to them they wanted them I am sure they would think seriously.

Helix were prepared to make an alloy lightened flywheel for Clio when I enquired ages ago but needed to make 5 minimum. Couldn't get others interested at the time. These people do listen but they need confirmed orders rather than maybes.....

BRUN
05-04-2006, 00:57
i was very happy with both cars ive had the G88 discs on

they do rust quite badly but they do stop you very well

matty
05-04-2006, 07:01
That's why I want to keep the disks. Now have nice new rear calipers so would rather fit better fronts when doing those. Tarox or Wilwood, whichever can get brackets for.

Maybe I could ask Tarox how much they can do the caliper for and if someone is handy with the brackets, they could be made for the caliper. But then that's what is stopping the use of Wilwoods at present, no brackets....