PDA

View Full Version : alarm help needed

lawsonvalver
29-03-2006, 23:46
i cant de immobilise my car all of the time, well most of the time actually so its been of the road for way too long, it works when it feels like it, and when i take out the eye reciever and the circuit board and plug it back in it will work for a short while then stop, i had a new reciever fitted than two days after the problem came back, as it works sometimes surely theres nothing mechinaly wrong, right? the light on the circuit flashes, and the light on my fobber flashes, i really need help with this asap so any ideas/comments/suggestions no matter how far fetched willreally help me, ive had so much bad luck with this car i just want to b able to drive it.

Andyvalver
29-03-2006, 23:49
When you say de immobilise, does you key fob not unlock the door? Or does it unlock the door, you get in and the light is flashing so you cant start it?

We have a tech section mate :wink:

Oh, and welcome :wink:

If it defo is your immobilser the best bet would be to buy this ecu from a phase 1 valver as they dont have an ecu built in and it would cure the problem at not much cost. I payed £12.50 for an ecu off ebay and wouldnt pay more than £20. This guy has 2 for sale, one for a newer valver which you dont want, or the early one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-1-8-2-0-16v-ECU-williams-chip_W0QQitemZ4626796629QQcategoryZ10410QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lawsonvalver
30-03-2006, 00:05
it wont unlock the car, i dont really want to throw money at it if it wont cure it, i think the immobiliser is fine just cant de immobilise it got new bat's in the fob, spose a possibly that the reciever got wet again anyway to test it?? thanks for the warm welcome

Andyvalver
30-03-2006, 00:13
Its the keyfob then mate. Ive had the same problem, went to get petrol so locked my car, came back and the ****er wouldnt open so i had to call the rac. He tried my keyfob on a tester and said it was that. Took it to bits and gave the battery a good rub lol and it worked. The light was workin on the fob but not sending a strong signal to the car. Next day i took the battery out, got some wd-40 on a cotton bud and cleaned the curcuit in the key. It was black as owt when id done, never had a problem since :wink: Try that.

It will probably be bad/dirty connections for the battery

lawsonvalver
30-03-2006, 00:16
ok cheers for the help mate ill give it a try now ill let you know how i get on..

lawsonvalver
30-03-2006, 00:32
result so far so good, i see what you about it being black, i shall be so happy if this is it, caused me endless amounts of pain. im not getting my hopes up yet but fingers crossed, i may owe somebody a drink lol

Andyvalver
30-03-2006, 00:35
pmsl i cant belive your doing it now. Im off to bed lol

lawsonvalver
30-03-2006, 00:35
ok its stopped working now, any other ideas???

lawsonvalver
30-03-2006, 00:37
yeh i dont sleep when i get determined nothing holds me back

Andyvalver
30-03-2006, 00:37
ok its stopped working now, any other ideas???

:shock: It should be better if anything mate. Unless you soked everything lol it may need to dry out. :?

lawsonvalver
30-03-2006, 00:39
like i said sometimes it works sometimes not, it did seem to be a lot better.

Mattie
30-03-2006, 21:57
gd 2 c u decided 2 cum over here m8 8)