PDA

View Full Version : wheres my oil leak coming from?

midge
29-03-2006, 20:58
someone help my valver has an oil leak, it seams to be coming from below the dizzy somewhere covering the starter motor, its not losing loads of oil but it is losing oil which cant be good, anyone have an idea?

Bayliss
30-03-2006, 00:28
for a guess i'd say rocker cover gasket, pretty easy to do

Purple
30-03-2006, 00:50
If it's a small leak from the rocker cover, tightening the top bolts a bit round that area might just stop it. Or replace the gasket, if that don't work. Common problem, nothing to worry about about.

midge
30-03-2006, 11:44
its coming from somewhere below the dizzy, the rocker cover is above the dizzy.

steveos_16valver
30-03-2006, 11:52
possibly the cam carriers its just sealer and could be possibly due to age and the sealers go ??

or the dizzy cap seal?

head gasket?

some 1 said about the engine hoist bolts if they have been removed they have a tendancy to leak ?

got a picture ??

midge
30-03-2006, 19:37
i do have a picture but havnt uploaded it, today with a friend i degreased the whole area with oil onit and cleaned it, ran the car for a while after to see where the oils coming from and no oil came out, took the car for a drive and again no oil anywhere to be seen, i just hope its nothing, spent alot on the car over the last week getting hybrid lump put in and mapping, and it would be a shitter if something has gone wrong.