PDA

View Full Version : standard airbox or bmc etc

jez
28-03-2006, 22:49
Well atm iv got an absoloute shite induction kit on my williams 2 was on it before i bought it, some dodgy s spec k&n bollox, need to change it fast as its zapping power but its proving difficult to get a standard airbox just wondering who would recommend going down viper/bmc/ etc route whether there is any gains to be had or should i stick with trying to find a standard airbox

cheers for your knowledge in advance peeps

stew
28-03-2006, 23:06
OE box all day imo

pick up a itg filter for around 30 quid (contact brun!).

nice cold air feed to the fog light holes!

nice tone, and best performance wise

MattyH16valver
28-03-2006, 23:16
as above...i've gone back to a o.e box and itg filter with my willy conversion...just need to get a decent cold air feed. Best way for when the weather gets warmer. :D

VIPERONE
28-03-2006, 23:26
there is a better option ;-) r 21 airbox with scoop mounted into the washer bottle area.. the pressure it creates etc is far superior to any airbox or induction kit... hence why gpa cars ran it.

jez
28-03-2006, 23:41
where do u guys find the bastards thow lol

VIPERONE
28-03-2006, 23:53
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136108#136108

Mattie
29-03-2006, 01:37
as people have said OE is the way 4ward allthough iv heard gd things about BMCs...think a few people on here run them?

matty
29-03-2006, 20:17
Rum a BMC CDA but had no choice as car came with a K&N hence no airbox.

CDA is nice but hard work getting throttlebody adaptor made (at least when i got mine in 2002.

Depends if you can source an airbox as guess sairbox with ITG filter will provide similar gains for less money/hassle.

BRUN
30-03-2006, 00:39
matty have you got pics of yours, ive still not fitted mine its sat in my bedroom

Martin
30-03-2006, 00:57
OE is best imo, but I'm running hillpower i/k ..I'm thinking of chopping the bonnet to get a direct air feed

matty
30-03-2006, 07:08
matty have you got pics of yours, ive still not fitted mine its sat in my bedroom

No pics as only a phone camera. Did have proper ones from when it was installed ages ago but they were on my old computer which broke so weren't retrieved.

Might get some when 2.0 is fitted next month.

Basically adapter is mild steel. They were going to make it in stainless but I couldn't be bothered to go back for that to be done. SFS hose then meets the CDA with the CDA facing backwards in engine bay. Inlet to CDA is at back of engine with cold air feed running vertically down the back and then scooped to front. CAF will be replaced with a full length one attached to scoop near foglight or somewhere on bumper when I get bits from Demon Tweeks.

stew
30-03-2006, 11:15
OE is best imo, but I'm running hillpower i/k ..I'm thinking of chopping the bonnet to get a direct air feed

get a grp a bonnet vent like the nana used to have before it was the nana! :wink:

surely that would be the best option for you, allowing cold air to be sucked in from the top of the bonnet, and from your cold air feed to your foglight holes! 8)