PDA

View Full Version : Webbers on a Willy

Andy P
28-03-2006, 18:56
Anybody done this?

Does it have massive gains, and what is the cost like?

Thought it might be different 8)

Dancliovalver
28-03-2006, 20:04
lol was considering trying this, would be pretty good

ive read up in the region of a 20-30BHP increase!!!!

Clio_GTT
28-03-2006, 20:16
bike carbs are cheaper

BenR
28-03-2006, 20:38
but fabricating a manifold or any decent quality for the F7's stupidly large ports will be difficult, as will having a local 'bike carb' tuner worth his salt.

On their own, sat behind a nice big rad with short trumpets.....not worth it IMO.

Also to keep the std ECU running the ignition, which it can, you will need to carry on providing TPS and map signals.

Wont be too bad if you get a shorter rad to clean up the air getting to them and to get a decent filter on them.

VIPERONE
28-03-2006, 21:25
uk company does carb manifolds on import circ £150.. good quality.

the radiator isnt a problem.. a mig welded platform underneath the original seating position is all that is needed.. not a custom alloy one... i have seen the altered platform on a throttle bodied williams....an hours work with the grinder and mig welder.

tuning the cabs would be the arse part.. u woul need to find a carb tuner.. they often can need re-tuning.

i know of 1 naples valver running on carbs...quite quick... carb parts are plentiful...and tunable.the tps would be done a way with as thefuellin is tuned and then a throttle linkage is set up.

i was going to buy the carb manifold on ebay.. but i dont hav internet for the time being and missed the sale (on neighbours laptop).

twin webers! have it....

Andy P
28-03-2006, 21:35
Quite a fair bit cheaper than TBs though.

And end of the day its different.

Obviously come after cams and headwork!

kj16v
28-03-2006, 22:04
Like you said, it's not even worth bothering with unless you have some lairy cams and headwork. You wouldn't get much - if anything - over MPI otherwise

BenR
28-03-2006, 23:42
you'll need the TPS to provide the ECU with info required for it to reference the ignition curve table, without it ignition timing will be down the toilet and the whole project would be pointless.

Altering the rads support was something i originally thought of, but decided the ally rad was neater.

2 live
29-03-2006, 07:58
as said above....carbs can be quite effective, under the right circumstances. i have been tempted to whack a pair o twin 45/48s on mine......but a diff weber set up came along so im gunna use them instead hehe

the rad drop thing is ok........until u start hittin speed humps...even worse if the car is lowered....its ok as a cheap/quick fix, but for evryday use, a shorter rad is a better option imo.

theres a couple good carb tuners round here.......the best one is now mobile too i believe.