PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going proper hardcore!

Martin
27-03-2005, 21:26
Basically turning the banana into a full on track/strip car-

Sell the buckets and buy 1 ultra lightweight seat
Strip all interior including dash and put stack dash in...
Carbon bonnet& tailgate
Ditch Sunroof
Polycarb windows
Lightweight battery
Manual rack
Williams track
Change exhaust for lighter side exit
etc etc..

Obviously would'nt do it all at once but over the year or summut..what do you think?

Winston
27-03-2005, 21:28
You read my mind lol

Do it :D

KingStromba
27-03-2005, 21:59
If you did all that you would gain less time on the track than if you spent the money on some dogs bollox brakes.

Martin
27-03-2005, 22:02
If you did all that you would gain less time on the track than if you spent the money on some dogs bollox brakes.

I think 4 pots are enough for a 880kg car? :?

KingStromba
27-03-2005, 22:03
6 pots mate

richy
27-03-2005, 22:05
defiantly get williams wide track, coilovers if ya wanted, perspex windows? totally gut the inside lol whats left anyway

Slithers
27-03-2005, 22:05
quaife are bringong out an ATB diff for the valver/williams in late summer, id save up for one of them m8, gonna be about 700-800 quid me thinks.

P.S i accept some partial glory for the manufacture of these units as i mithered quaife every week since i bought my valver nearly to build em, lol

northy
27-03-2005, 22:13
change the seats .....but stripping the dash is a big job.

I take it u dont want a heater anymore ?

Slithers
27-03-2005, 22:16
If you want heater matrix martin i got a brand new one goin spare, bought it from GSF but me mech managed to fix the old one by givin it a reet good flushing.

Martin
27-03-2005, 22:21
quaife are bringong out an ATB diff for the valver/williams in late summer, id save up for one of them m8, gonna be about 700-800 quid me thinks.

P.S i accept some partial glory for the manufacture of these units as i mithered quaife every week since i bought my valver nearly to build em, lol

Save up..pah thats what the overdraft is for! :wink: I'll wait on that..

Northy - good point, might be a bit chilly.... but if I get a car to use everyday then it should be alright.

Daz
27-03-2005, 22:24
My heater matrix in my Williams is blocked (got a new one going in during all the work) and it was *cold*. What's worse is, it was all over winter.. and you HAVE to have the blowers on cold to keep the windscreen clear.

Once you get used to it, it's not too bad.. if you wear a thick coat. Getting into a car with a heater after tho, it's HOT.. and you soon want the window open, no matter how cold it is.

You definetly do want a heater.. it's one of those things you don't really thing about, until it ain't there.. and you miss it, heh. It'll be nice having the Williams back and be warm.. but hey, it'll be better weather anyway so I won't even use it that much! :lol:

Mark_Ritchspeed
28-03-2005, 10:06
6 pots mate

Clio doesnt really need 6 pots unless your wheel to caliper clearance is an issue . The main reason for going to 6 pots , are that each piston is slightly smaller meaning the caliper can be narrower . Same with 8 pots as well .

My 4 pots on standard discs have never , ever faded , even at Imola where the track temps were well over 100 degrees .

KingStromba
04-04-2005, 08:56
What fluid should you use to prevent brake fade Mark?

Craig
04-04-2005, 10:27
i used dot 5.1. great, for about 4 weeks, then required changing. dot 4 is the best choice. 4 pots are plenty enough on the banana, the ones on it are good ones anyways.

dannyt
05-04-2005, 19:13
do it martin, ill chat to you about it on thurs pal, as well as telling you about my thruxton experience, just got back!!!