PDA

View Full Version : Engine problem...

Geezer
25-03-2006, 18:58
After a bit of advice if you can help guys.

I've developed a sound coming from the engine over the past couple of days. It's almost a knocking sound and happens when I first put my foot on the throttle. You can hear it for about 1k revs in every gear on most trips... Has anyone had a problem similar to this before? Or any recommendations what to check?

Craig

stan
25-03-2006, 19:32
always hard to advise on a description, but any knocking noise should be checked out by someone qualified. even if u just take it to a local garage and get one of the friendly staff to quickly pop into the car park and have a listen!

unfortunately it could be something inerntal eg excessive clearance in big end bearing shells

Coops
27-03-2006, 00:12
is it a constant noise or one knock on each gear change? cuz thats what i've got! :?

Mattie
27-03-2006, 00:58
i think i know how 2 fix this craig....

u need 2 hurry up and swop those engines over :wink:

Geezer
27-03-2006, 19:35
Stan - Will do the weekend now. See if they can identify it.

Coops - It's after every gear change. Is this the same as yours?

Harris - Tell me about it! Going to get the head into the skimmers this weekend and should start getting it all back together soon.

Craig

Coops
27-03-2006, 20:09
if its a single kind of cracking knock sound then yeah. it sounds almost like the inner wing is bending in and flexing before snapping back into position or summit but it cant be cuz theres nowt for it to catch on! :?