PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem too.

Moose
25-03-2006, 16:17
Recently bought a Williams 3, have had no probs at all with it in the 2 weeks ive had it. Then last night went out, put the heated rear screen on and lost all dials and pressure gauges barr my speedo. All the lights worked and the stereo, but seemed to lose start up warning lights for ABS etc on the right hand side of the dash board. I had a look at it this morning and have found that it was a blown fuse, so i changed it, switched the rear screen on again and blew it again. I then put i higher amped fuse in but that blew too. It has also stopped my fuel gauge from working. Has anyone any ideas before i take it to the garage on monday?? Many thanks for you time and help! and please be patient wi me as im new! :oops: :)
Cheers guys.
Moose.

Wobba
22-07-2011, 13:52
This exact thing happened to me today.

cliokiz
22-07-2011, 16:55
Sounds like the rear window is shorting out possibly?

MatBrown
22-07-2011, 17:59
Had any welding done along the sills? Could be melted the loom.

Wobba
23-07-2011, 01:24
I think it is a wire in the rear light cluster shorting out on the body, its blown a fuse three times now and seems to happen when I use the brakes.

Wobba
23-07-2011, 17:43
And the brake lights are not working either.

Wobba
23-07-2011, 18:57
The STOP fuse blows each time I put my foot on brakes. I think it may be due to a short circuit/bad earth in the light cluster. Its all been rewired and is messy there as someone put in a tow bar and routed power for lights to a towing plug. There are some signs of melting and shorting out on the right hand side plug for the rear lights.

Wobba
23-07-2011, 19:43
Fixed :)

Ditched the old wiring and modified the clusters plug to stop it screwing up the earth wire.