PDA

View Full Version : how much?

Rott
25-03-2006, 16:11
Realistically, am i lookin at to build an Uber quick (200bhp+ ballpark figure), lump for the Willy, which is the best road to go down, Turbo'd (although i'd prefer not to go there) or go for a solid rebuild on the standard block, with uprated internals, ECU, will the Dastek piggyback already in there suffice?

obviously reliability is an issue, coz who wants to be up to their elbows in renault everyweek end, thats what evos are for .lol.

Give us a blow by blow if u have the time

Thnx

Stevo

Rott
26-03-2006, 23:22
Thanx Guys, ur so good to me!!!

Cum on, atleast tell to f**k off of sumthin!?!?!?!

MatBrown
26-03-2006, 23:29
**** off! :wink:

Sure someone will give you some advise soon.

Mat.

Rott
26-03-2006, 23:30
f**k off! :wink:

Mat.

Awww, You Guys :oops: :)

Coops
26-03-2006, 23:32
**** off......... :wink:

nah like u say, sod to keep it reliable on seriously big power, but looking at bighp's results off a few choice mods and a top quality remap, standard breathing but uprated shud suffice for nearly 200 ponies.

get the b/end refurbed to whatever spec takes ur fancy, blow as much cash as u like on it with new seals, piston rings,pumps n sprockets and any bearings. and a lightened n balanced flywheel. get gearbox done and a new clutch n all while ur there, save hassle later.

concentrate on the head then, get it ported,polished n gas flowed maybe with some decent fast road cams and vernier pullies (timed right) and maybe even think about getting bigger valve seats cut for meggi valves. then a stainless exhaust right from manifold through decat and centre section to rear box.

slap a decent itg or equvalent panel filter in the standard airbox and get that hillpower cold airfeed to it from the front nearside fog light.

then its off to wayne at chipwizzards for a remap and ur laffin all the way to i wud guess near 200 atf!

Coops

Andyvalver
26-03-2006, 23:34
Well, Craigs tb clio engine cost about 6k i think and that was cheap lol

There's a guy who had loads of work done by hill power, about 5-6k again but he's just shy of 200bhp and when i saw it, it was running shit lol

Rott
26-03-2006, 23:43
Thnx Coop, the reason i ask, is because, the clutch is on it's last legs, so the lump will be comin out anyways, and it's weeping for a full set of gaskets, might aswell make it worth my time while she's apart, already asked my cousin if he's up for it, or told him he's up for it rather, so he'll b cheif rebuilder, and warranty holder :wink: so labour ain't a problem, it's more the sourcing of parts, as i'm still pretty new to the williams couture, and unsure of yays and naes, just lookin for some advice on who, what, where, whys!!

Coops
26-03-2006, 23:48
use benr on here for headwork if u can, u pay more but u get what u pay for, book in advance tho cuz he's a busy man!! 8)

cupla lads on here know guys who can rebuild ur b/end for not much cash with all new seals etc

i got all my stuff for rebuild like gaskets n bolts n stuff from bbpt, they do discount for us if u mention the club and imo are good lads! and some other stuff from renault like random bolts n belts n shite!

as for performance stuff like cams etc, i'd ask someone else cuz am still lookin into it for when my cars next in bits! :wink:

any other random spares that dont need to be new use mat brown or winston from ltr off here n all, sort u with nething clio!

then like i said chipwizzards seem to be flavour of the month for a remap!

Martin
26-03-2006, 23:51
throttle bodies are the way for a 200 bhp figure...can be done for little (ish) cash if you source parts yourself.

Coops
26-03-2006, 23:55
he's gotta do everything else first tho martin mate to feel the benefit of bodies, no point slappin em on a standard engine! :wink:

Andyvalver
26-03-2006, 23:56
throttle bodies are the way for a 200 bhp figure...can be done for little (ish) cash if you source parts yourself.

yeah, why dont you get some Martin :wink:

Martin
26-03-2006, 23:57
he's gotta do everything else first tho martin mate to feel the benefit of bodies, no point slappin em on a standard engine! :wink:

well craigs has stnd btm end sooo...unless it's been to the moon :wink:

Martin
26-03-2006, 23:57

yeah, why dont you get some Martin :wink:

Because I can't afford cams never mind t/b's lol

Rott
27-03-2006, 00:09
LOL! I will be doin the engine, no point havin a solid little car with a motor that doesn't do it justice, once the Evo is back on the road the clio will come off, so theres no time scale, will plod on as long as it takes, good chance to get the bodywork minted, wheels refurbed etc etc

MAXIBOY
27-03-2006, 18:57
for six grand you can get 378bhp though