PDA

View Full Version : electrical hard to solve problem....help

theweekendhaslanded
25-03-2006, 15:19
Every since i have had my valver the outside air temperature display has never worked. It lights up during day but no display.

I have replaced the actual display unit with one i know works and that wont work either.

Also the light on the clock will not work, tried lots of bulbs and even another clock but still wont light up, the clock however does work.

One last thing, the cigar lighter wont work, again i have tried more than one. all fuses are fine.

I know its not the end of the world but would really like these things to work.

Is there a link between all the above? maybe a relay or something?

Hope someone will have some idea.

Flan
25-03-2006, 21:04
lol... everytime i get in my car when its dark the clock is unlit... smacke the dashe really hard and it always comes on...

lol i love Clio's

haha :lol:

wavy
25-03-2006, 21:30
cant help ya m8
my temp gage works ok for a while then it starts flashin -30 or random numbers some days its fine ?
and my clock now has a mind of its own ?

Lunner
25-03-2006, 21:35
-30 flashing means its not getting any reading from the sensor

wavy
25-03-2006, 22:18
the sender inside the passenger side mirror ?
its random -30 -7 -? so must be lose connection
unless its tryin to spell out more probs in morse code :lol: :lol:

theweekendhaslanded
25-03-2006, 22:28
cheers for the replies, it was a long shot!

i have found hitting the dash does work for the oil temp gauge. i have given up on the clock! it hurts! and it wont respond to a smack. its a french piece of s**t

still love it tho.... :D

Coops
27-03-2006, 00:05
smackin the dash at nite is part of owning a clio mate! my old rt all the heater controls were dark till u smacked em then they lit up and now in the valver the oil level lights off till i smack the top of it and bingo on it goes!!lol

theweekendhaslanded
27-03-2006, 07:56
lol, that works on oil temp, but not on clock, it's dead!

Coops
27-03-2006, 11:12
ah well, fook it, u shudnt be lookin at the clock neway! revs is all u shud look at inside the car unless u got a hot chick in the passenger seat in which case its just about okay to have a cheeky glance at her. otherwise eyes on the road boy! :twisted: