PDA

View Full Version : What are the proper tracking settings for a Williams?

white16valver
23-03-2006, 20:55
Well, I've searched on here and seen about 3 different answers in threads about different things, so I thought I'd post to get it nice and clear! lol

So, for those who know (edde? PurpleSun?), what are the:

Camber settings?

Toe settings?

I gather that there is a range on each of them - is there an exact setting within the ranges that's better than others?

Sorry to be a pain :oops: and thanks in advance for any answers :D

MatBrown
23-03-2006, 22:15
Just tell the garage who set it up it's a williams.
They will have the right settings.

Mat.

white16valver
24-03-2006, 19:45
A brave man... lol

Got it booked into some place with hunter 4 wheel alignment stuff which I hear is good, so hopefully it'll be alright!

Just worried that, if the back ones are out, they'll set it up so the fronts are equally out so it ends up driving a tiny bit crab-like or whatever. :? (does that make sense? lol)

Clio_GTT
24-03-2006, 23:25
Clios don't need 4 wheel alignment, only the fronts can be adjusted, so unless you've bent the rears really badly then it will all be ok, plus they don't adjust them up off the back, I assume it will be a laser setup which will use the exact dimensions.

white16valver
26-03-2006, 23:22
Well, had this done on saturday for £35.

Will post up the sheets I got with it later...

2 live
27-03-2006, 09:41
the only reason they use 4 wheel alignment on most things is to set the fronts up so they level with the rears.

they cant change the rears, so they do the next best thing.get the fronts in line with em if they out. instead of repairing the real problem, and gettin the rears as they should be.

white16valver
04-04-2006, 21:26
Right, slow but got there in the end...

BEFORE:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/RSTurboPaul/CIMG3747.jpg

AFTER
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/RSTurboPaul/CIMG3749.jpg

white16valver
04-04-2006, 21:29
Apologies for the tinyness - It appears that photobucket didn't like them... :?

Anyway - it appears that I have a helpfully larger camber on the nearside, to help on the roundabouts :twisted: but have had a knock at some point at the rear right, hence the toe being over the limit. :(

Was quite a cool machine though - I seriously have no idea how it worked though lol

Coops
04-04-2006, 21:32
lol, i get the crab like thing man, my old rt was bent to fcuk on the rear and the back looked like ti was trying to overtake the front all the time, well weird when u followed it from behind!!! 8)