PDA

View Full Version : Engine not firing since Tuesday

matty
23-03-2006, 20:11
Bloody car.

Not used it for five days and wouldn't start but was turning starter motor over. This drained the battery which must hav been near flat.

So charged it for 30 mins and tried again starting car till battery was drained, then charged for 1 hour and repeated.

Ended up taking battery off to charge battery properly for 36 hours. Refitted, tested coil output, spark plugs etc but it just won't start.

Last time it did this 2 years ago I replace battery, spark plugs, dizzy and rotor etc. Car would only start when bump started by being towed.

Just tried that now and still won't start as revs drop to zero when in neutral.

Anyone experienced similar...... Is there something I have missed?

holl
23-03-2006, 20:42
are you getting a spark? my car wouldnt start the other week changed everything and in the ene it was a dodgy wire! some guy came out and reset the ecu for me to and it starts every time now! :D

y4n
23-03-2006, 21:38
Holl which dodgy wire prevented your car to start? cos mine is doing exactly what both of you discribed. but i sort of fixed it by disconnecting the ecu and letting it dry out in the warmth and i got it going again but today it died on me so im stuck :cry: .

try disconnecting your ecu matty

matty
23-03-2006, 21:40
It was sparking and now got it running although its dog rough after not running for a week. Just taken it for a spin to warm it up a bit and gonna put the CDA back on and take for a blast.

MOT booked in for 5 tomorrow and sure it will fail on emmissions.....