PDA

View Full Version : little too fast on the motorway

jez
22-03-2006, 19:45
Was travelling down the m18 today doing around 90 mph when i looked up on a bridge and in the middle of the bridge there was a black van possibly a people carrier with a guy stould by the side of it holding a camera now he was wearing a reflective jacket but no constable hat or anything like that just wondering. Could this have been something else other than a speed camera or do u reckon it was.

I didnt see any flashes or anything like that if it was a speed camera it seemed somewhat informal

opinions please :)

Zollo
22-03-2006, 19:50
Probably was a cop, but could well have been some do-gooder tit face trying to slow down the traffic with some nice safe panic braking :roll:

Either way, you'd have been stopped further down the road if it was a cop, so you got away with it :)

jez
22-03-2006, 20:08
is that true? the ones on the bridges have to stop you further down the road? i thought they would just send me a letter asking me to go to court or something please say they have to stop you :D

richy
22-03-2006, 20:15
were abouts on the m18 mate? if its were the roadworks have been they was proberly just monitering speeds of traffic

bigjim
22-03-2006, 20:15
no they dont stop u just get a letter in the post. sounds likely.

Zollo
22-03-2006, 20:41
Even when it's just one copper and a car, rather than a van with a camera setup? I would have presumed that it was just a copper with a laser speed trap, ready to jump in the car or radio to his mate down the road.

Andyvalver
22-03-2006, 20:54
Take a look at this mate. Its a good site about cameras.click on the talivan button on the left and about half way down the page there is a yellow camera van on a bridge desighned to look a little like a workers van :evil: Take note at half of the camera vans parked illeagaly too :roll:

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/index2.htm

clowo16v
22-03-2006, 20:55
If he was holding the gun you should have been pulled further down the road if they wanted to pull you.

The cameras have to be mounted to a non moving object (i.e a van floor) for them to send you a letter.

See ya

Matt

Justin..
22-03-2006, 22:31
Take a look at this mate. Its a good site about cameras.click on the talivan button on the left and about half way down the page there is a yellow camera van on a bridge desighned to look a little like a workers van :evil: Take note at half of the camera vans parked illeagaly too :roll:

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/index2.htm

:x the third pic down in southampton is right by me

Swervin_Mervin
22-03-2006, 23:06
Laser gun. I got done by one on the m-way. Copper jumped out form behind a hedge on a n-way bridge and got me. Didn't stop me down the road, just got a NIP in the post.

RS-Steve
22-03-2006, 23:59
if it was J1 of the M18 there are normally 2 coppers ther. 1 on the bridge the other on the slip road ready to pull you. its not far from my house.

jez
23-03-2006, 00:02
the van looked bugger all like any of them it wasnt even a van in my opinion more of a people carrier and his gun only looked like an slr i think im reading a little too much into it tbh but i just dont want the suprise ban :P

jez
23-03-2006, 00:47
tell you what steve there was a police car just a little bit down the motorway as it happens, is it normally a black van people carrier looking thing on that bridge when u go past lol?

mon
23-03-2006, 02:24
CAN NOT BELEVE WERE SOME OF THEM MAGGOTS PARK..

WOT A JOKE :roll:

clowo16v
23-03-2006, 03:19
You should be OK then you cant get a SIP from a handheld gun as the slightest wobble can cause an error in the readings.

See ya

Matt

Swervin_Mervin
23-03-2006, 11:56
You should be OK then you cant get a SIP from a handheld gun as the slightest wobble can cause an error in the readings.

See ya

Matt

Yes you can. See above.

clowo16v
23-03-2006, 19:56
You shouldn't have got one then my dad is an ex traffic cop so he keeps up to date on all the regs. I think the ruling isn't very old, as it came about after that bloke got done for doing 50mph or whatever and he proved he was doing 30mph.

See ya

Matt