PDA

View Full Version : Clutch

SilverValver
22-03-2006, 15:44
Very qucik question but need a quick answer.

By clutch cable snapped (again) and we assumed this was because the clutch was on its way out (Thats what everyone has told me anyway inc breakdown man)

I have just had the clutch changed but the garage has phoned and said the clutch is incredibly heavy. Basically it doesn't feel rigth at all. I'm going to go up there shortly to see if I can help but before I do I would like some info to take with me.

It has had a new cable fitted this week after the snap and when we changed this it was incredibly stiff. It felt like you couldn't push the clutch pedal down enough. The assumption was that the springs in the clutch had gone stopping the adjustment making it like this but with a new clutch it is still the same.

Any ideas please?

Lunner
22-03-2006, 15:46
They are stiff normally, and they normally eat cables

SilverValver
22-03-2006, 15:53
It is usually heavy but after the snap it felt like there was no give in it at all. There was lots of resistance and no real moving of the clutch. So I couldnt change gear when the engine wa on.

He was asking if i had changed the gear box???

Lunner
22-03-2006, 16:01
Odd one, changing the box won't affect the clutch being heavy, esp if he has had the box off to change the clutch.

Could be an incorrectly fitted/routed cable.

Could also be clutch fork sticking etc or clutch release bearing ****ed, but if the clutch as been swapped then these should be fine

BRUN
22-03-2006, 19:41
was the cable a genuine one ?

SilverValver
23-03-2006, 08:05
yep