PDA

View Full Version : Break master slave cylinder

mozzawily
21-03-2006, 22:09
Ok my car failed its mot as the breaking system was vertually non existant on my williams 2, When i bought the car i knocked off £200 as the breaks where so bad the previous owner took the car to BBR performance? and changed the master slave cylinder and bleed the breaks but the pedal was still really low.

Anyway 5ooo miles later and my mechanic is ordering a new master slave cylinder as hes convinced that this is the prioblem with the breaks, i found it very unusual that the same part has been changed in such little millage perhaps it was a faulty part! is this a common fault?

How much are renault master slave cylinder's?

Costing me £500 just in parts so far!! knightmare!

katbloke
21-03-2006, 22:56
master and slave cylinder are 2 different things, youre after a master cylinder

R65205 BRAKE MASTER CYL-BEND/ATE CLIO NO ABS 28.60
From GSF

edde
23-03-2006, 18:44
The Williams master clyinder is a different part number to the 1.8's its £85 or so I've got a reeipt somewhere for one I bought a few month ago.

mozzawily
25-03-2006, 11:24
just spoke to my garage who are doing my breaks, tall the breaks were siezed had missing clips, one carrier snaped etc....Disaster, cant wait to get her back atleast she would stop i suppose but not looking forward to the bill! :-(
4 disc/pad
unsiezing
new carrier
1 master cylinder
break fluid new and bled
etc...
LABOUR
:-(

BRUN
25-03-2006, 19:39
tell me about it, ive jus had to have 2 rear calipers, pads, handbrake cables, fluid, labour.......

rear calipers are not cheap !