PDA

View Full Version : Valver would'nt start

GTI-Russ
21-03-2006, 14:49
The other morning i went to start the valver and there was nothing, all i could hear was the sound of the ignition. The car was'nt even attempting to turnover. Ended up getting some home start dude h=out who was a bit of a knob and was trying to tell me it was my cambelt and how my whole engine was fcuked. He ended turning the key and holding it open for like 40 seconds and it eventualy started.

Tappets are noisey as fook at first but after a short drive and warms up its fine. Drove the car for the rest of the day and had no probs what so ever. any ideas on what might have happened?

One of my mates rexkons it could have been a blockage in the fuel lines but i think that sounds unlikely. never had any probs with the car before so any info would be much appreciated as am a tad worried :(

Laine_16v
21-03-2006, 14:53
fcuk'ed starter motor? LOL at snapped cambelt :P , what a monkey.

Lunner
21-03-2006, 15:52
As above, starter motor, if it happens again try smacking teh starter motor to free it up

diggs04
21-03-2006, 15:56
yeah i agree starter motor has gone. Thats what i used to do before i could aford a new one tap the side of it with a hammer then turn the key should start. Or if it still dont last resort is push starting it.