PDA

View Full Version : French cars Suck!! (sad face)

ian711
20-03-2006, 16:27
just when you think your cars running so sweet, something always has to spoil the moment, and yesterday it was the doors turn to die.
my drivers side door now wont open...

you unlock the car with the fob or the key and everything opens except the drivers door, you can hear the lock try and open but wont.
it was fine when i washed it like 3 hours before.
so not only do i have to enter and exit the my super clean car from the passenger side but on my old ax, there were hidden screws to take the door card off, which you needed the car door open for.

somebody please tell me i can get the door card off while the door is shut and somebody else give me a big hug and tell me everything is goin to be ok :cry:

Clio_GTT
20-03-2006, 16:39
Can't get the door off when its shut :cry: :cry: cheapest way to solve it would be to put a big hole in your door card to try and access the lock, then get another door card :cry: :cry:

ian711
20-03-2006, 16:54
nooooooooooooooooo!!!! :cry:
and i bet the door cards cost an arm and a leg..

northy
20-03-2006, 16:58
if it was me mate - just wait until it drys its self out and it might open.

you can you pull the door pin to unlock it ?

Clio_GTT
20-03-2006, 17:13
if it was me mate - just wait until it drys its self out and it might open.

you can you pull the door pin to unlock it ?

i agree, keep trying it, and pushing the door from the inside, jimmy and wiggle it :D

lankyboy
20-03-2006, 17:42
take off the seal on the outside of the window, bend the metal back slightly and put you had in and pull the metal bar across, this should unlock and open the door.

it worked on my old clio fidji give it a go. dont pull the door back too hard or it will bend out of shape just enough to get you hand in.

Justin..
20-03-2006, 20:00
**** that, i would never bend my valver door let alone a williams one :shock:

ian711
20-03-2006, 23:50
you could at first, the lock would go up and down but the door just wouldnt open, so bein smart :?

i thought i'd take her over some speed bumps a little faster than usual and see if that dislodges it but now the lock thing wont even go up or down, it tries to, you can see it move fractionally but then it goes back down...

anyone know how much door linings cost??

BRUN
21-03-2006, 00:14
as mentioned above, put the window all the way down, pull the seals off the door, you might be able to pull the door card off a bit at the top to get your hand in and get to the rods, might have to put the window back up first im not sure

lankyboy
21-03-2006, 13:15
right there are no screwa around the outside of the door card ive just had a look. to remove the door card undoo the screws under the door pocket and the ones behing the door handle. and then pull it off near the rear of the door, this should give you enough room to get to the door lock mechanism. this can all be done with the door closed and a lot of paitence!! lol

ian711
21-03-2006, 13:48
lanky boy you leg-end!

i've got some time 2moro so i'll have a look at it then..

hopefully all goes well and i can get back to using the drivers door. 8)

lankyboy
21-03-2006, 16:09
its gonna be a bitch to get around the seat but like i said paitence!! lol

where you? if your local ill come give you a hand if u want

ian711
21-03-2006, 21:24
i'll have a look at it and see how i get on but thanks for the offer mate..if it all goes a bit tits up, i still may need help :?