PDA

View Full Version : New Rear Calipers For Me Tomorrow

BRUN
20-03-2006, 01:03
well this has turned into a saga

bleed nipple snaps off, obviously cant leave it like that, and it wont come out, get a new caliper to replace everything, only to find that the caliper and pads are basically 1 big block of rust, nothin will come off, and i dont want to risk snapping bolts as i needed the car at the weekend

i also found that someone has stuffed something behind one of the pads, one pad is ok, the other is down to nothing with something put behind it as a kind of spacer, so, i need new pads, which means the other side needs touching aswell, which is also no doubt a big ball of rust

so, im jus gonna get a new caliper for the other side aswell, as with em doin over 150k im sure they aint 100%, cant really have a new one on one side and an old tired one on the other, so gonna get another for that side aswell

totally used all of my holiday savings and then some, wont be goin abroad this year, official !........i might actually struggle to buy FCS tickets actually at this rate

BRUN
20-03-2006, 19:40
needed new handbrake cables aswell ! :(

Gav
20-03-2006, 19:45
so u got the right pads now then Brun?

BRUN
20-03-2006, 19:47
yup, im pretty certain ALL valvers and willys use a Ferodo FDB877 but another part is listed in some book so maybe some do use different ones