PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Dan_Williams
19-03-2006, 19:54
Bloody thing!!!! right got my gear box sorted yesterday as it was really loose, and rattling alot. and i was getting a really bad rumbling wen accelerating, but not coasting, so thought it must of been my gear box with all these problems co-insiding. WRONG, gear box fine now, but still getting a BAD rumble when acclerating at higher speeds 50+ :cry:

Diagnoses................... :?:

MAXIBOY
19-03-2006, 20:02
driveshafts wheel bearings tyres

2 live
19-03-2006, 20:10
aye...shafts if its really bad

wheel balancing if its slight.

does it come, then go as u get faster or does it get worse?

Dan_Williams
19-03-2006, 21:20
comes and go's

MAXIBOY
19-03-2006, 21:23
comes and goes at different speeds or comes and goes day to day

Dan_Williams
19-03-2006, 21:51
differnet speeds

Andyvalver
19-03-2006, 22:03
Ive got a bad rumbling as well, like a shaft is fooked but only when i go left. Its actually my exhaust downpipe rubbing on the dogleg mount when i turn left. Its doin my head in, i just cant make the zorst more stable and it is fitted perfect :?

BRUN
20-03-2006, 00:56
Ive got a bad rumbling as well, like a shaft is fooked but only when i go left. Its actually my exhaust downpipe rubbing on the dogleg mount when i turn left. Its doin my head in, i just cant make the zorst more stable and it is fitted perfect :?

i had that problem, it turned out it was because some garage in Scotland that u33db had used and fitted the manifold downpipe badly, somethin had snapped and instead of doing it properly, tried to fix it with a stack of washers

Lunner
20-03-2006, 00:59
Sounds lie buggered Cv joints, i ahds a vibration in the wheel that randomly came and went, check for any lateral movement in the joints

Dan_Williams
20-03-2006, 11:42
going to nip down quick fit on my lunch break, let them have a look because i am getting a rattle from what i persume is my exaust, last time i was getting this took it too them and they just adjusted a clip or something to stop it rattling.

Dan_Williams
20-03-2006, 15:19
right just got back from a small garage a go to, to get my car sorted...... and it seemed that some one had tried to get my wheel off, as the bolts wer loose and snapped when taking the wheel off and these have been on and off last few weeks, and no problems then, but couple of days ago got this rumble and it now seems that was the problem there was alot of play in the FR wheel, and the problem with the bolts, got some new ones put it and all seems ok.
Will give it a test round some country roads tonight see if its sorted, if not i can only think of the bearings needing to be replaced.
As iv checked they checked the cv's and said there fine and that would be more of a banging/rattle instead of a rumble.
Fingers Crossed!!!!!!! :D