PDA

View Full Version : Info needed for Hill Power RR feature please...

Zollo
17-03-2006, 18:34
I need (from everyone that went on the rollers) the following information please...

Mods (nothing too in-depths please!)
Expected Output (yes, I know you have the figures now, but what were you all expecting. And please be honest :roll: :wink: )
And a quick comment about your figures.

Thank you :D

Martin
17-03-2006, 18:54
pm'd

big hp
17-03-2006, 18:57
Supersprint manifold
Magnex decat
Magnex Cat back system
Green element
ChipWizards remap

expected power 151 @ the wheels - Actual power observed on day 146.8 @ the wheels.

Comments on figures.....................

I was happy with what I got, run a 151.3 @ the wheels 3 days previous when being remapped so 146.8 is about right, taking into account different rollers.

Zollo
17-03-2006, 19:06
Thanks guys 8)

jay s
17-03-2006, 19:39
2.0l f7r
piper fast road cams
piper vernier pullies
mongoose ss cat back exh sys
bbpt de-cat pipe
1.8 16v exh manifold
itg panel filter
hillpower stage 2 chip( mapped to mods )

expected power was 145 bhp atw - actual fig was 141.3bhp atw

my comment on fig...

was a little disapointed with my result as it ran 145 atw when conversion was done, found out it is running lean topend, going back to hillpower to get modded fuelpump and supersprint fitted, also getting a remap again so should go up....

Maz
17-03-2006, 20:19
My mods were:

Viper Induction Kit
Gaz Suspension
Cat back Magnex

Not got a clue about my results as I don't understand them still :oops: and guess I never will lol

Marie :D

Dave Cli02
17-03-2006, 20:30
pm sent to you mate, didn't know what bhp to expect tbh.

FATBOY
17-03-2006, 20:33
devil straight through exhaust system

magnex de cat

i was told 130 bhp would be a good figure for the minor mods which i have

well being my first ever RR day i was very pleased with 134.1bhp @ 6,100rpm for the mods that the car has. nick hill was very pleased with the results too for the mileage of the car and the mods it had.

Zollo
17-03-2006, 20:35
Maz - I'm quoting you on that!

Martin
17-03-2006, 20:36
lol do it

MatBrown
17-03-2006, 22:21
This is for Duane.

1.8 16v
Mods: Magnex system with Hillpower de-cat and K&N 57i Induction kit.
Expected Bhp: Anything around standard 137bhp.
Comment: Well pleased with the result, 140k and still going strong.

Mat.

Daz
18-03-2006, 11:15
Mods: Scorpion System with a hole in the centre section.
Expected Bhp: Just under standard power (150bhp)
Comment: Power as expected. Made a few changes since (Started using BP Ultimate, new exhaust) and it feels much better again - just need to get back on the rollers to confirm! :)

Daz.

Maz
18-03-2006, 12:02
Maz - I'm quoting you on that!

Errrrm please don't .. lol :lol:

Chris n`nic
18-03-2006, 13:24
Rsport ECU
Decat/Exhaust
BMC Induction Kit

About 150 atw

Quite pleased with the result as it has not been running 100%. Unplugged the ECU since and is much smoother so will have to get another RR done!

Chris

Zollo
18-03-2006, 13:38
Cheers to everyone for the details so far :)

Maz - how about this....

It's more tiring going for a run in the summer than winter, because it's hotter. So if you were to test someone’s fitness to see if they’re improving throughout the year, you wouldn’t know how much is down to their fitness level and how much is because of different temperatures. An engine works in the same way - it makes more power when it's colder. So if you wanted to know if a modification works, it would be difficult to tell if it was from the mod or the weather changes.

To make it more consistent, some rolling roads take this into account and correct the figure according to weather outside. The figure that the rolling road actually reads the car is producing is called the observed figure. That’s how much power your car has made. This figure is then used to work out the corrected figure; this is the one which takes into account the conditions.

So what you have is corrected (according to the weather) and observed (what the dyno actually records from your car). They're measured at the wheels. Renault gets the 182 bit from the engine. To get the power from the engine, through all the cogs n oil in the gearbox, through the driveshafts and move the heavy wheels, some power is lost. That’s why it says you’ve got 150bhp (very roughly, 20% is lost) but the engine has actually got over 180bhp.

Swervin_Mervin
18-03-2006, 15:20
Mods: Panel Filter & Backbox

Expected: 130-ish

Comments: Car's running perfectly which is the most important thing and making good power for it's age.

FlamingMonkey
19-03-2006, 20:22
Mods: Cams, Remap, Exhaust
Expected output, anywhere over 150hp at the wheels
Comments, was dissapointed with the output, Nick mentioned the car was running rich, 1 week later after a tweak of the map the car ran 154.5hp at the wheels

MattyH16valver
19-03-2006, 21:34
Just wondering.....if I wanted to go to Hill Power and go on the rollers, do you normally have to buy a chip or have a re-map or can u go on there just to get a general idea of what kind of power your producing without having these mods done. Matt 8)

FATBOY
19-03-2006, 21:54
dont think so mate? not much for a power run mate. give him a call for a price

MattyH16valver
19-03-2006, 22:14
dont think so mate? not much for a power run mate. give him a call for a price

Cheers m8....i'd like to get a general idea of how much power it's producing before I decide whether to go for cams + re-map etc.

northy
20-03-2006, 10:39
Richard Northrop

N340 LRG

Prowler manifold, blueflame decat and blueflame cat back performance exhaust. Green air filter.

Ran on N/W's finest optimax

As the owner of the club i was dissapointed that i wasnt the most powerful there...how rude !

Need to get these cams fitted asap.

MatBrown
20-03-2006, 22:18
Kents?

You sure?

Mat.

richy
20-03-2006, 23:06
Richard Northrop

N340 LRG

Prowler manifold, blueflame decat and blueflame cat back performance exhaust. Green air filter.

Ran on N/W's finest optimax

As the owner of the club i was dissapointed that i wasnt the most powerful there...how rude !

Need to get these cams fitted asap.

LOL !!!!! ^^^

Maz
22-03-2006, 18:06
Cheers to everyone for the details so far :)

Maz - how about this....

It's more tiring going for a run in the summer than winter, because it's hotter. So if you were to test someone’s fitness to see if they’re improving throughout the year, you wouldn’t know how much is down to their fitness level and how much is because of different temperatures. An engine works in the same way - it makes more power when it's colder. So if you wanted to know if a modification works, it would be difficult to tell if it was from the mod or the weather changes.

To make it more consistent, some rolling roads take this into account and correct the figure according to weather outside. The figure that the rolling road actually reads the car is producing is called the observed figure. That’s how much power your car has made. This figure is then used to work out the corrected figure; this is the one which takes into account the conditions.

So what you have is corrected (according to the weather) and observed (what the dyno actually records from your car). They're measured at the wheels. Renault gets the 182 bit from the engine. To get the power from the engine, through all the cogs n oil in the gearbox, through the driveshafts and move the heavy wheels, some power is lost. That’s why it says you’ve got 150bhp (very roughly, 20% is lost) but the engine has actually got over 180bhp.

Thank you for taking the time to type that .. I now understand :oops: lol ..