PDA

View Full Version : need a new

TriO`
17-03-2006, 10:44
Gearbox :evil: .... it went yesterday after a massive thrashing, lost 3rd 4th 5th and reverse :(... also pops out of 2nd if i try and put power down.
well and truley ****ed

anyways i guess i need a new box.

Supposed to be going home from uni tomorrow so im stranded. anyone know somewhere near Reading that will supply a refurbed of decent box and fit it double quickly. prefebraly cheapish

any suggestions

Cheers , TriO`

Coops
17-03-2006, 13:08
wounded mate, boxes on these motors just aint up to par!

cant recommend anyone tho am fraid, mine aint gone.......yet!

good luck man

Coops

Jamie.
17-03-2006, 13:22
.... it went yesterday after a massive thrashing, lost 3rd 4th 5th and reverse :(... also pops out of 2nd if i try and put power down.
well and truley f**ked

GOOD EFFORT SON!!! lol, none of this pansy shit like andyvalver was pulling, "ive lost 2nd" :wink:

maybe a rebuild on urs or a new un. not gona be cheap anywhich way mate, if u can fix it yaself, i.e. get it out be reyt.

James Clio 16v
17-03-2006, 13:29
Mine went inexactly the same way. Put a second hand one in and it went in the same way again!!!

Got a new one now!

TriO`
17-03-2006, 14:07
arn't they 600 squid new :( ?

is it worth getting a willy box on there or not really??

J o n
17-03-2006, 15:34
I think all MK1 owners should write to Reno, they still supply them and on standard engines they are not up to the job, I'm thinking trading standards, as a gearbox should last the life of the car imo. Most other manufacturers are able to achieve this, why not Reno? afterall, they can make an engine withstand constant abuse...

Coops
17-03-2006, 16:03
if....sorry when.....my box goes am onboard for that!! :P

J o n
17-03-2006, 16:31
well you lot will have to sort it, my box is okay and will be having an easy life up until I sell her!