PDA

View Full Version : Oil Temps

Lunner
16-03-2006, 23:38
Took the new car for some work to be done, welding etc, anyway over a 5-6 miles drive, ok sticking to 60 and not taking it over 3k atall, oil temp barley got to 60 (first major mark), on teh way hole, went a longer way round still not thrashing it keeping it under 3k, and it got up to 80 (2nd major mark), but diodn't go any higher and coolant never went about 1st major mark (10 o'clock position)

Is it normal to take this long to warm up?

Or is it just that it was cold and i was going steady?

Coops
16-03-2006, 23:41
ah oil gauges!the bain of valvers, they lie to us!!! i tend to ignore em, so long as its above zero n below max i deem it as fine!! :D

Jamie.
16-03-2006, 23:43
LOL!^^^^

mine seems to be pretty consistent, i wouldnt worry about urs lunner it sounds ok. mine in cold weather struggles past 60 sometimes, usually will sit at 70 on town runs, i.e. no above 3k ish

stew
16-03-2006, 23:56
sounds fine tom!

mine is just starting to warm up properly after 5 miles of town drivin! (when i stop coz im at uni by then! lol)

motorway should be around 80-100, and 3bar once warm sitting at 70mph ish

my coolant gauge is still playing around, goes up and down up and down. have bled the system, flushed the system, replaced the stat. im at a dead end. i dont think its the temp sender but thats next to try!

mattyc
17-03-2006, 00:12
ive got the same as you stew as you know from Retro-Renault, and ive replaced the sender, still doesn't work so next its the Coolent Temp sensor!