PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 Front Speakers

16-03-2006, 19:31
MK1 have a door speaker and a tweeter in the dash, are these connected via a crossover or anything or just connected straight together from the head unit?

Im looking to amp the fronts until i can get hold of some decent speakers but just wondering how they are connected.

arj256
16-03-2006, 20:18
If your going to be amping the fronts, it may be better to get a headunit which has an imbuilt amp, such as an Alpine 4 x 60w that would be plenty loud enough for the standards, and they would be clearer due to the better headunit.

Justin..
16-03-2006, 20:34
when i changed mine to sony ones, i found that the dash has 4 wires going into it so i assume its just allwired into one loop

16-03-2006, 22:17
If your going to be amping the fronts, it may be better to get a headunit which has an imbuilt amp, such as an Alpine 4 x 60w that would be plenty loud enough for the standards, and they would be clearer due to the better headunit.

Ive got a Pioneer DEh-77MP which sounds great as it is however since some cunt stole my sub ive got an amp which is currently not doing anything and being that im getting some decent comps when i can afford it i thought i might aswell get the hard job out of the way and amp the standards, running new wires etc...

Thanks Nipples 16v... ill check it out after the weekend

BRUN
17-03-2006, 01:05
it is all wired onto the same wires

the OE tweeters have a 'crossover' of sorts wired onto the back of em, unplug em and your sorted