PDA

View Full Version : tuned williams problems.... bit of help please!

david932
16-03-2006, 17:36
wat aftermarket exhuast setup do people on use?

a straight through centre section?
or
a silenced centre section?

i had a middle silencer with blown baffles so fitted a straight through instead. as a result i have lost all bottom end and some mid range torque. :x i have checked the exhaust and it isn't leaking

the cars also recently had cams, verniers, headwork and a 4-2-1 manifold

im yet to have it re mapped and verniers set, although it is happening tomorrow. i am now undecieded about having it set up with the exhaust as it is and possible not get the full potential out of the chip wizards map, or refer back to a middle silencer. wich would be better with the above mods????

any help or advice would be appriciated :)

northy
16-03-2006, 17:54
This is my set up mate

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/garage.php?mode=view_modification&MID=347&CID=5

Miles better than original and a great price to williamsclio members

Tommo
16-03-2006, 17:55
My decat killed all bottom end torque, hence why I've kept the cat on after MOT. Don't know about the silenced centre section, I will be putting my straight through devil pipe back on next month so will let u know the difference.

Martin
16-03-2006, 18:07
Unless you have a drainpipe on the car straight through should help it to rev top end.....rather than killing torque. What bore is it?

david932
16-03-2006, 18:19
5cm diameter, goin onto a scorpion back box 3 1/2 " tailpipe, its also got a de-cat. once the revs pick up they go up well it just seems alot flatter low down and mid range

Martin
16-03-2006, 18:24
Strange the gains higher up the revs easily outweigh a slight loss of low down torque....sounds like yours is'nt quite right though. Your not running a cone filter are you as these give flat spots all over the show imo

david932
16-03-2006, 18:38
na standard air box with feed from the blanking plate. could it be a combination of all these mods wiv no re map. thing is cams, headwork and 4-2-1 all gave a noicealbe increase throughout the rev range then removing the silencer has killed it!
if i could get more power and torque without a silencer i would leave it as it is but at the moment im not convinced