J o n
16-03-2006, 12:25
35 minutes and counting...

Rob, what's your online GT pal, think a game of PGR3 will be required later! :D

or, if you have boxing even better 8)

****ing expensive do these 360's...

Andyvalver
16-03-2006, 12:28
:shock: I was temted to buy one a few weeks back but stopped myself. I will be holding out for the ps3 :twisted:

J o n
16-03-2006, 12:41
lol, you seen the spec's for the PS3? might be waiting a while for old technology! :lol:

FlamingMonkey
16-03-2006, 13:07
http://www.glop.org/gamercard/card/flambe+monkey.png

Andyvalver
16-03-2006, 13:10
:roll: lol thats for jesus comment :wink:

FlamingMonkey
16-03-2006, 13:10
As you can see I got Call of Duty 2, GR:AW, PGR 3, just got rid of Dead or Alive 4 wasn't too keen on it.

Thinking about getting the boxing with my redundancy money, hehe, gotta have summat to do while im bumming about :P

Mattie
16-03-2006, 13:24
think ill get a Xbox 360 wen the ps3s cum out as the price will drop loads i reckon :)

then ill get a ps3 a few months l8r wen there prices drop hehe

snakeylady
16-03-2006, 13:24
got the 360 for my birthday last weekend - working through Call Of Duty - on the british campaign through the desert- in a tank - then also got Ghost Recon to work through - looking forward to getting Burnout Revenge and FarCry Instincts at end of month - :D :D have ordered a wireless modem so looking forward to going LIVE asap

Chris n`nic
16-03-2006, 13:38
Nice one Jon...Kev (in Oz) is getting one v soon and Scott has one...I`ll be round at Robs for the international online racing lol

Chris

J o n
16-03-2006, 13:59
Andy, serious mate, you'll be waiting for nowt, the quad core cell processor that they 'were' using was deemed a pile of shit by developers and unusable... was good in theory, but doesn't work. so what now? well, they are now using conventional PC parts like the Xbox but with a generic and less advanced GPU, so in effect you'll be buying a games only PC that's newer than the 360 but worse spec... hope the games are good for it. The price of the PS3 wont affect the Xbox, aimed at different markets and the Xbox will be able to command the current price as there is nothing in the competition to touch it, both now and planned.

Rob, i'm getting Fight Night this weekend as they didn't have it, but the other bugger is my new credit card couldn't be used as they aint sent a pin and they wouldn't let me sign for it (should have said the card dunt work, they would have then... doh!)... just means I'll have to wait til monday, but I have it all put asside for me at least :lol: got another pad, charger thingy, PGR3

Snakeylady, COD2 is amazing! I've had a brief go on the 360, but wasn't rate impressed due to spacky control system, I'm a mouse and keyboard old schooler for first person shooters. I do have it for the PC and it's the best online game available imo!

Yeah Chris, we need to have a lads night on them, can link up multiple 360's for a massive PGR3 race! :D

FlamingMonkey
16-03-2006, 14:27
Saturday could be good for me Christoph? Few bevs and kick Jesus ass on PGR3, well you can hehe

2 live
16-03-2006, 14:30
lol..mite have to have a trip over to jesus' sat or summat....kick all ur asses.

:wink:

FlamingMonkey
16-03-2006, 14:40
Do it :lol:

Chris n`nic
16-03-2006, 15:32
Saturday could be good for me Christoph? Few bevs and kick Jesus ass on PGR3, well you can hehe

Sorry m8. I`m at a wedding do...next weekend should be good tho!

Chris

FlamingMonkey
16-03-2006, 16:16
**** you then

J o n
17-03-2006, 09:48
Sat 25th at mine then for some grudge match gaming? :lol:

2 live
17-03-2006, 10:18
can we smoke? lol

J o n
17-03-2006, 12:29
nah, not near house anymore :cry:

I may have to ship the ****ers off for the weekend... lol

Jamie.
17-03-2006, 12:50
whats call of duty like? ive only got 3 games for my xbox since my car has been such a fanny. got pgr3, donkey kong thing that sucks ass and perfect dark zero which was ok, completed it like. want to get a new game, gona have to sell pd-zero and kong on ebay

TriO`
17-03-2006, 13:13
I heard the ps3 release date has been put back untill november.

was gonna get one , fist ive heard about them being shite

J o n
17-03-2006, 13:13
COD2 is great online on the PC, but tbh I hate FPS' on console's, and it's a PC port, which means it's a complete waste of time imo... i'd wait and get a next gen game, like Fight Night or whatever comes out next that's good... i'd deffo recommend it on the PC though

snakeylady
17-03-2006, 14:04
I use to love playing fps on the PC and like you Jesus never thought I'd get used to the Xbox - but now love the conveninece of one controller instead of mouse and keyboard - COD2 is brilliant on 360 - crap on Xbox and brilliant on PC - BLACK is brilliant on XBox as is far cry instincts - Ghost Recon 2 advanced warfare is unbelievable on 360 - if you thought the graphics were good on COD2 then wait tillyou see this game - only on 1st mission but pretty difficult so far - AI is pretty clever which keeps you on your toes :lol:

Jamie.
17-03-2006, 14:06
far cry insitcints on me old xbox was a superb game, one of my favourites.

J o n
17-03-2006, 15:57
Trio - yeah, it will be delayed again too, trust me. the problem with the processors as I explained above has a more serious knock on effect, in that games are being developed but they dont know what hardware it will be running on. The only chance the PS3 has is to wait until better technology is out, as Sony's effort at quad core cell based CPU's was a flop... plus I also hear they are having problem with blue ray... yet more excuses and set backs... imo get a 360, the PS3 will only be similar at best, but I like the Xbox ideals more, it's a media center which the PS3 wont be, plus there is no capacity to store stuff on the PS3 and piracy is limited... boooo

Snakeyladey - problem with COD2 on the 360 is it's the same version, but ported from the PC, so it's not a proper title. I'm only going to pay for the official 360 enhanced games personally, things like PGR3 etc... I'm too much of a cheapskate to get non next gen games lol. If you have COD2 on the PC get yourself on line, I play it most afternoons after work for an hour or so :P

Jamie, what's Far Cry instincts? I have the original Far Cry, is it out on PC you know??

oh, another great game for the PC is F.E.A.R ... it's proper ****ed up and scary, but ace!

snakeylady
20-03-2006, 13:35
Jesus - Far Cry instincts is a brill Xbox game - fps with added twist that you pick up different abilities based on animals - such as enhanced sight - feral attack with your fists etc - is now out on 360 with add on levels - you're stuck on an island basically with a whole load of bad guys - if you don't have it on xbox get the 360 version - graphics are awesome and gameplay is pretty cool too.

Used to play a lot on line with the PC - mostly battlefield 1942 - counterstrike and a Vietnam game [can't remeber the full titile] brilliant fun but doubt the old PC would be up for it now my sone has pretty much used up all the memory - it feels very sluggish - but will hopefully be LIVE soon :lol:

Jamie.
20-03-2006, 13:54
jesus, yea far cry is on pc, aint played it on the pc like but well worth it imo. fooking brilliant game, although once u get ur abilities the game gets v easy, i thought it was a tough game to begin with, thats one of the only games i truly miss on me old xbox

re:fear, got that too, act im selling it on ebay at the mo, brilliant game just a little too short i think.

i also bought cod2 for xbox and im not disapointed at all seems v good. i saw cod bg red one or summit? that on the 360? that looked good.

J o n
20-03-2006, 14:42
hmm, well I may give Instincts a go then guys, but I'll download it for the PC first and play the single player through, as I was very disappointed with the online play of Far Cry, takes a full magazine to put someone down, no location damage either... :?

I seriously think if you have a good enough PC then COD2 on the PC is the one to have though, I couln't get into it as much on 360, but on the PC it's like a different game... then again the mod community helps, as I have the ultra violence patches so their heads explode into grey fragments when they get shot n stuff... adds a bit more realism anyway :D

and for all you 360'ers I found this which is good news, who fancies paying £25 per 360 game?

http://www.quidco.com/welcome/

and then once you have done that go here and follow the links and use the codes:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316809&highlight=lxdirect

my mate at work has so far bought his Xbox though sendit.com on Quidco (as have I) and saved I have saved £55 over a package at Game for the same things. I bought my games with my 360, but my mate has bought all of his from these people and paid around £25 per game... beats the hell outta £50 a game!

Mattie
31-03-2006, 21:22
talkin of cheep games.....any1 kno where u can get a cheep 360?

ill def buy 1 now if i can pick a cheep 1 up with the HDD