PDA

View Full Version : Please abuse your brakes

Purple
16-03-2006, 09:53
Just went in for brake pad replacements and found that all the caliper guide pins and the left piston were sticking. Replaced the piston seal and lubed all pins and piston. And it's back to business as usual.

I reckon it's because I was too kind to the brakes for too long. If I had abused them more often, we would have detected the seizing guides and piston much earlier due to faster pad replacement interval (been 5 years on the front ones). So no more wussy cadence braking or engine-rev matching. Just stomp it hard and watch out for screeching cars behind me from now on. :-) The brake pedal actually feels squishy like a normal car now :shock:

2 live
16-03-2006, 10:12
our cars have brakes?????

:shock: :shock: :twisted:

Purple
16-03-2006, 10:29
Of course! It's the middle pedal - which always fail to work in the morning, in the rain, whenever it gets hot and behind a fast decelerating truck. And just in case, the left pedal is sometimes needed to change the stick behind the radio as well as tone up the left thigh muscles. And the right pedal is used for steering the car, obviously.

2 live
16-03-2006, 10:38
funny i always thort it was a mixture of the pedal on the left, and the stick thing just in front of the radio that helped me slow down

i thort the pedal in the middle was for those that dint know whether they were comin or goin.

Zollo
16-03-2006, 10:44
Another good reason to track your car :P

2 live
16-03-2006, 10:48
or at the very least..........USE IT. :wink:

northy
16-03-2006, 10:51
whats your nearest track purple sun? would be great for some pictures :wink:

Purple
16-03-2006, 10:55
i thort the pedal in the middle was for those that dint know whether they were comin or goin.
No, no. The 4th pedal left of the clutchie thing is the clueless pedal. Mine is completely jammed hard to the floor. I have absolutely no idea what's it for. I might connect an extra earth cable there to see if it cures the starting problem. :-) BTW, I believe the middle pedal is also known as the religious pedal, as it will eventually slow the car and save you if your faith is strong enough. :)

Purple
16-03-2006, 11:00
whats your nearest track purple sun? would be great for some pictures :wink:

Pasir Gudang in Johor, Malaysia. Ermmm.... my commander-in-chief no likey that place. :( May be some private roads then. REAL private roads! Not like those you have in UK car websites.

northy
16-03-2006, 11:03
:P

2 live
16-03-2006, 11:21
No, no. The 4th pedal left of the clutchie thing is the clueless pedal. Mine is completely jammed hard to the floor. I have absolutely no idea what's it for. I might connect an extra earth cable there to see if it cures the starting problem. :-) BTW, I believe the middle pedal is also known as the religious pedal, as it will eventually slow the car and save you if your faith is strong enough. :)

the 4th clueless pedal is def carried over from the clios rallying days..it was used in the rally cars as a brace.......dunno wot for tho

J o n
16-03-2006, 12:20

that a dig at me? :lol: pmsl

Coops
16-03-2006, 15:09
where u at purple sun mate? singapore? i been through johor bahru to get to KL last year, fookin love singapore and malaysia!!

Purple
16-03-2006, 21:17
where u at purple sun mate? singapore? i been through johor bahru to get to KL last year, fookin love singapore and malaysia!!
Yup, Singapore alright. Just look for the aircon Clio Williams and that would be me :)

Coops
16-03-2006, 21:30
Yup, Singapore alright. Just look for the aircon Clio Williams and that would be me :)

mate everything is air-conned over there!! taxis made me laugh n all, all sound like postman pat vans!! :D

Purple
16-03-2006, 21:50
mate everything is air-conned over there!! taxis made me laugh n all, all sound like postman pat vans!! :D
I normally try to drive with the aircon off to avoid the few bhp loss, but over 50C tarmac heat on a hot day it's not very nice at all. I rather have freezing blighty any day. But having pretty ladies everywhere barely covered in skimpy summer outfits does make up for it a little bit :D

Coops
16-03-2006, 22:45
mate the chicks over there were fine!! but my mates ex missus old man took us out to orchard fookin towers, i was not a happy bunny that night! he thought it was proper funny, i fookin didnt!

Jamie.
16-03-2006, 23:36

im suprised too

Purple
17-03-2006, 01:46
mate the chicks over there were fine!! but my mates ex missus old man took us out to orchard fookin towers, i was not a happy bunny that night! he thought it was proper funny, i fookin didnt!
Orchard Towers is a tourist trap for white male folks. If you're into those kinda kicks; far cheaper and better ones elsewhere in South East Asia :wink:

Coops
17-03-2006, 10:23
bloody wasnt into that mate, ladyboys goin for the crown jewels?!! i think not! see the guy who took us lives n works there so he knew it was a tourist trap!!

cue him pissin himself with my g/f as they watched me and my mate get jumped!! dude ur adams apple is bigger than mine, step away from the table and put the beer down =;

Purple
17-03-2006, 10:38
cue him pissin himself with my g/f as they watched me and my mate get jumped!! dude ur adams apple is bigger than mine, step away from the table and put the beer down =;
Heh, persistent little buggers, aren't they? :) That place used to be a permanent fixture for the US fleet when they are in town. Not something they warn you about in the brochure. Hope the rest of the trip was OK.

Coops
17-03-2006, 10:41
it was mint mate, i loved singapore, picked up a psp for **** all in sim lin tower n had many a curry in little india! loved that part of town, the guys in the curry shack we went to loads were always havin fights with the chinese round the corner!!proper funny, they'd be talkin then just stand up , tell us to 'sit,relax,enjoy da foooooood' whilst they went runnin off to kick arse!! :lol:

Purple
17-03-2006, 10:54
it was mint mate, i loved singapore, picked up a psp for f**k all in sim lin tower n had many a curry in little india! loved that part of town, the guys in the curry shack we went to loads were always havin fights with the chinese round the corner!!proper funny, they'd be talkin then just stand up , tell us to 'sit,relax,enjoy da foooooood' whilst they went runnin off to kick arse!! :lol:
:shock: Are you sure you were in Singapore?? And some people say we are boring. Next time, you have to show me around when you are in town. :lol:

Coops
17-03-2006, 13:19
did loadsa stuff matey, went to that treetop walk thing in the park n watched the school rowing races. went to a quality place for king prawns n stuff to, something circus...cant remeber what. went to crab key n all for a piss up. it were wicked! top airport n all wit cactus garden n free computer games n shite on tap! 8)