PDA

View Full Version : 200bhp clio with throttle bods

VIPERONE
24-03-2005, 19:37
has ben r released this yet?
any news?

Martin
24-03-2005, 20:12
Don't think it's ready yet...was sposed to be finished on the 12th lol . Good things come to those who wait though eh?? Speaking of which whens The Jesus' motor coming back..this weekend?

VIPERONE
25-03-2005, 00:32
ahhhh.....

Dunno i can tell you mine will be ready before may :-)

stan
25-03-2005, 00:38
its ok, mine was meant to be ready 5 years ago! :oops:

clean16v
25-03-2005, 03:09
Still work in progress, when you have this many eyes on you, you want to make sure you get it right. The ECU can only be mapped by a few people in the industry as its almost brand new software, this has been the major hold up so far. The 290 cams planned are also so wild that they are causing problems with the standard bottom end. Don't worry though, it'll be ready soon.
BenR is the only guy in the industry trying some thing like this, he's also putting a T/B'd F4 engine in a Spider. So his hands are pretty full, and a lot of attention is focused on him at the minute, im sure it will be worth the wait!

Winston
25-03-2005, 03:30
8)

Can't wait :D

2 live
25-03-2005, 03:46
Still work in progress, when you have this many eyes on you, you want to make sure you get it right. The ECU can only be mapped by a few people in the industry as its almost brand new software, this has been the major hold up so far. The 290 cams planned are also so wild that they are causing problems with the standard bottom end. Don't worry though, it'll be ready soon.
BenR is the only guy in the industry trying some thing like this, he's also putting a T/B'd F4 engine in a Spider. So his hands are pretty full, and a lot of attention is focused on him at the minute, im sure it will be worth the wait!

well mate i hope it does go ok for ya......but...hehe.....id be hoping a company would get it right no matter how many eyes are on em tbh.....ben isnt the only 1 trying these things..open ur eyes mate....theres lots of foreign and english tuners already done this conversion, albeit poss with different specs.....

so neither of them will be puttin down the times to beat at york his weekend then??

altho i heard the jesus' mite be there :wink:

stan
25-03-2005, 10:02
What software/firware is it??

I know of an F7R with throttle bodies, to a higher spec than yours, that produces 270BHP....he is far from the only person to have done this sort of thing...

Good look tho, hope it goes as well as your expecting

clean16v
25-03-2005, 13:39

well mate i hope it does go ok for ya......but...hehe.....id be hoping a company would get it right no matter how many eyes are on em tbh.....ben isnt the only 1 trying these things..open ur eyes mate....theres lots of foreign and english tuners already done this conversion, albeit poss with different specs.....

so neither of them will be puttin down the times to beat at york his weekend then??

altho i heard the jesus' mite be there :wink:
Jesus' will eb ready 2moro. Yeah True Jon, company will get it right nom matter what, but becasue its his demo car he wants it to be right, and producing as much power as he thinks is capable. As for lots of English tuners doing it.....well, actually , none that i can think of. the last T/B'd clio was a 1.8 that made a shitty 170ish BHP?
And Jon, when mine puts down a time, it wont be being beat :wink:

And why is it i get the feeling you lolt don't want this conversion to work? A little harsh dont you think? But its all good, if the haters would like to form an orderly queue, you can all be shocked at the results one by one!

Stan the software being used is the latest Omex ECU, so Ben wants it Mpped by the appopriate people in the industry to save time and cost, eh or any other mapper could do it but it would take longer and hence more money.

dimkais
25-03-2005, 13:57
Hi.I've also have a T/B williams with too much mods expected to produce about 250Bhp .It isn't friendly at all when at idle but when the revs reaches 9200 you just cant hold it on the road.Now i have made over 12K miles with no problems at all but with a little lighter set up.
As soon as i get fotos(I don't have a digital camera :oops: )i woyld like to tell your thoughts about it.
Dimitris(Greece)

northy
25-03-2005, 14:00
9200rpm wow.....whats the limiter set too ?

dimkais
25-03-2005, 14:03
9500 but i change at 9300-9400
Dimitris

northy
25-03-2005, 14:05
Nice. Whats the spec of the engine....sounds like you have a wild set of cams :wink:

Do you have any video footage of the car in action Dimitris ?

KingStromba
25-03-2005, 14:06
:shock:

dimkais
25-03-2005, 14:09
Someone put a streetracing video with a civic Type-R.That is the car.I've got some more but don't know how to put them on.
I had Kent cams RN2004 but now i use custom made 320 deg with 12,5 lift.
Dimitris

VIPERONE
25-03-2005, 14:18
i suggest you get your digital camera and get some good detailed pictures of the engine :-) car and interior......

dimkais
25-03-2005, 14:21
I've got some with the previous set up.How can i send them?They donn't have url.
Dimitris

VIPERONE
25-03-2005, 14:30
go to media pics... and then look for the uploader thread... that details how you can uplaod pictures.

KingStromba
25-03-2005, 14:32
http://cgi.nickywitts.plus.com/

VIPERONE
25-03-2005, 14:43
great news... sounds like your h a p p y

pics wold be great.

dimkais
25-03-2005, 17:18
Sorry but my pics are bigger than 1024x1024.Can anyone do it?

Dimitris

Martin
25-03-2005, 17:53
Dimkais you need to compress your pics for the uploader or failing that just e-mail them to me MSouth5@hotmail.com and I'll sort them for you. :)

Martin
25-03-2005, 17:58
clean16v wrote:
Jesus' will eb ready 2moro. Yeah True Jon, company will get it right nom matter what, but becasue its his demo car he wants it to be right, and producing as much power as he thinks is capable. As for lots of English tuners doing it.....well, actually , none that i can think of. the last T/B'd clio was a 1.8 that made a shitty 170ish BHP?
And Jon, when mine puts down a time, it wont be being beat :wink:

And why is it i get the feeling you lolt don't want this conversion to work? A little harsh dont you think? But its all good, if the haters would like to form an orderly queue, you can all be shocked at the results one by one!

Stan the software being used is the latest Omex ECU, so Ben wants it Mpped by the appopriate people in the industry to save time and cost, eh or any other mapper could do it but it would take longer and hence more money.[/quote]

I don't think anyone wants the conversion go wrong or have poor results mate, I know how it feels to spend a lot for poor results and I would'nt wish it on anyone! Hope to see the beast soon as...it should be unreal with that power....any idea what it's going to redline at?

stan
25-03-2005, 18:13
Exactly....im keen to see the results, should be good!

There is no reason why it should go wrong....all I meant was that its not as un-heard off as what Ben maybe thinks. As for the cams, they will be ok...all he has to do is open up the valve pockets on the pistons

clean16v
25-03-2005, 19:51
No stan, its all good, Ben is aware of who can map the car, its not teh only hang up at the moment, there are a few things holding it up, but it is nearly done. And as i said, the car willbe finished, its just taking a little longer then first extimated.
Martin, its the vibe that i get. This whole topic seems like it was set up to have a dig at Ben. Gibbo, you got my MSN, even my mobile number, why post on here to check the progress? There is a post on CS all about how its going, one that im sure you have posted on.
Comments like 'it should have been ready on the 12th lol' are misleading also. It doesnt sound like some one who wants this conversion to go well. Everyone seems to think they know best, well if there are so many top engine tuners on this site, why are you not making a living out of it, yo uobviosuly know better then the top tuners in the industry.
KS, what do you know about Ben exactly? Its simple to be a keyboard warrior, so why dont you stop chatting about something you obviosuly know so little about? All of your posts seem to be stirring, which is cool with me, my fuse is a lot longer, its the naive sheep that will take your comments seriously. BTW, hows that Hillpower sponsorship going? Nick still sorting you out cheap parts and servicing to make him look good?

stan
25-03-2005, 20:19
LOL...my sights are a bit higher than basic engine tuning...i do that anyway!

anyway....im not getting involved in public slander of either Ben or Nick...

Craig
25-03-2005, 21:09
looking forward to seeing this fuker in action at york....!!

richy
25-03-2005, 21:15
hope it all goes well for ya mate, should be a animal if all goe's to plan! :D

summeh
25-03-2005, 23:33
Good luck I say, i'd love to do the same to my Williams, and maybe I will sometime in the future.

VIPERONE
26-03-2005, 02:21
clean 16v... a recent problem with my partner has meant that under the new terms of our relationship i cannot utilise MSN messenger....

I am just very interested in your car...nothing else :-

:-)

2 live
26-03-2005, 03:09
lol@ wanting it to fail........... why would i want it to fail mate??

nowt would give me more pleasure than a new target time to smash :wink:

KingStromba
26-03-2005, 11:20
clean 16v... a recent problem with my partner has meant that under the new terms of our relationship i cannot utilise MSN messenger....

I am just very interested in your car...nothing else :-

:-)

PMSL. Banned for MSN. Naughty boy Mr Gibson. Thatll teach you to cam with Lady S :wink:

2 live
26-03-2005, 12:59
No stan, its all good, Ben is aware of who can map the car, its not teh only hang up at the moment, there are a few things holding it up, but it is nearly done. And as i said, the car willbe finished, its just taking a little longer then first extimated.
Martin, its the vibe that i get. This whole topic seems like it was set up to have a dig at Ben. Gibbo, you got my MSN, even my mobile number, why post on here to check the progress? There is a post on CS all about how its going, one that im sure you have posted on.
Comments like 'it should have been ready on the 12th lol' are misleading also. It doesnt sound like some one who wants this conversion to go well. Everyone seems to think they know best, well if there are so many top engine tuners on this site, why are you not making a living out of it, yo uobviosuly know better then the top tuners in the industry.
KS, what do you know about Ben exactly? Its simple to be a keyboard warrior, so why dont you stop chatting about something you obviosuly know so little about? All of your posts seem to be stirring, which is cool with me, my fuse is a lot longer, its the naive sheep that will take your comments seriously. BTW, hows that Hillpower sponsorship going? Nick still sorting you out cheap parts and servicing to make him look good?

true mate lol...which is why im still way ahead of previous cars to beat......adis tuned car by a reputable tuner...his best time off gas, the time we were all aiming for....has now bin ripped away from it to be over taken by a back street tuning job :o :o

until a companies work can outperform my own with similar specs......;.i will continue to be unimpressed with em......no matter who it is....the ktec t/b ed clio was another bag o shit too tho mate...any fool worth his salts knows that a hot rad directly in front of the trumpets is a waste of fukkin time....the rad anywhere near te trumpets is bad enuff.but coverin em is even worse........i cant believ anyone would undertake this conversion and be so naive that they think the rad will be ok....they obviously have no fukkin idea wot they are doin

J o n
26-03-2005, 13:55
wow... this kinda burst into life!

I think it's time to give Ben a chance, no ones really seen what he can do yet and this is a pretty major thing he is doing when you see all the work going in. I personally think he's a good lad after meeting and speaking to him, he's also been honest and confirmed some things about my car as true! (bad things....eeeeeevil things....) Anyway, reserve judgment until it's done I think would be the fair thing to do?

Slithers
26-03-2005, 18:11
I think this threads been rinsed out now, we all have our own opinions about GDI/Angelworks or Hillpower for that matter, so lets just leave it at that and hope the 2 cars come back working to the full standard promised by BenR and stop this little bitching contest, as its very cliosport.