PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust issue

Slithers
24-03-2005, 18:19
Righto as a few of you may know my exhuast went bye bye a few days ago. This resulted in a blow near the end of the centre section, seen as i was going to replace the exhuast anyway i just bought a new ashley exhaust and had that fitted today.

The problem is still there, its kind of a slow sound kinda like wubb wubb wubb wubb idling when the exhaust heats up, then really really throaty when accelerating.

The guy at the gargae said that the exhuast needs to have 2 new fittings so it is hung correctly sa the centre section is not 100% on, anyone else think that this is the problem?.

I also seem to remember someone mentioning a cracked downpipe could be the problem, what are the symptons of this?

Slithers
24-03-2005, 20:14
Anybody?

northy
24-03-2005, 20:27
if its a cracked down pipe the exhuast will be leaking directly from there and you will know about it. Listen to any sounds coming from the system that sound like its blowing...the exhaust should be ideally air tight from manifold to tailpipe.

Try and find the problem mate - get the car in the air and have a listen...but dont burn your head.

Slithers
24-03-2005, 21:04
Could it be the CAT on its way out?, ive heard when these start going you get a power loss.