PDA

View Full Version : Focus ST - ugly?

Jimbob
13-03-2006, 19:47
Am I the only person here who doesnt like the look of the new Focus ST? Granted, great car, fantastic engine, but imo I dont think it looks as special as it actually is. And I hate the chrome surround around the fog light recesses etc. And like most modern cars, it looks too high and skinny?

A contrast to the old Focus RS. That looked special in the same way as the old cossie did. Why are car companies arfraid nowadays to make cars look aggressive?

...still wouldnt say no though.

Zollo
13-03-2006, 20:06
I think it's because the old RS was a proper limited edition hard core beast that didn't have to appeal to a wide audience. And the ST does.

Certainly wouldn't say it's ugly though :?

Jimbob
13-03-2006, 20:10
Indeed, ugly is probally too strong a word! 'Not special enough' just about cuts it!

Zollo
13-03-2006, 20:18
Aye, that's probably a little fairer! Maybe Ford are saving the lairy looks for an RS model... :twisted:

J o n
13-03-2006, 20:27
... it's not exactly a nice looking car, but at the same time it doesn't make me want to hack up the contents of my stomach... guess that means it's kinda okay..?

Gav
13-03-2006, 21:10
lovely lookin car
shame aboot the colour and it being a ford but still a nice lookin car!

RS-Steve
13-03-2006, 21:58
To be fair its built as a mass production model so has to appeal to the widest range possible, ie conservative styling.

It reminds me of a Leon in more ways than one!!! fast, GVFM, only special bit is the engine, oh an the boots look the same lol

Coops
13-03-2006, 21:59
mid life crisis car, only seen bout 5 on the road n all of em driven by balding middle aged men. n the rest being looked at by balding middle age men in ford showrooms as their equally dull wives make them buy a Ka instead!

gimme a RS or a cossie anyday

Mattie
14-03-2006, 18:45
i think they look ok...not really likin the shape of the new focus as it is....the colour of the ST is phat though :D