PDA

View Full Version : Williams 2 in need of help

DaveMeddings
12-03-2006, 17:14
Over the past couple of months i've had a noise coming from the passenger side which i thought was probably the drive shaft. The noise was a scrapy/hummy bearing sound but isnt the wheel bearing. I think i've also lost drive to that wheel because it struggled pulling off from a roundabout on the way to work tho i'm not too sure cus when that happend i just left my car at work and havent driven it since. I've never worked on a driveshaft before but i take it there's bearings at each end and one of those poss needs replacing? If so what parts are they and is that likely to be the problem?

Any help would be great. Ta!

Coops
12-03-2006, 20:30
pm mat brown or winston_16v on here, they'll sort u a second hand complete shaft for not much cash n then have a search thru this technical forum for threads on driveshafts for how to change it!

2 live
12-03-2006, 20:33
yep sounds like a d/s problem.havent had 1 like that since me valver tho, or sounds same. the inner cv joint was goosed....only 1 u cant buy seperately too lol.

DaveMeddings
13-03-2006, 13:26
Cheers for that advice. Thought i might be a driveshaft prob. But am i right in sayin that i dont need to buy a driveshaft because thats just a steel rod? i just need an inner cv joint?

Also i dont know whether this is related but a few months ago my gearstick started being a lot looser when moving it left, and didnt return to the center as well i stuck it in neutral. It felt like a spring had gone or something.

Cheers!

Rich
13-03-2006, 13:46
only 1 u cant buy seperately too .

:wink: