PDA

View Full Version : Oops

Swervin_Mervin
10-03-2006, 23:50
8-[

Spun the car on a big 2 lane roundabout on the way home from work. I was in the n/s lane, driving at about an indicated 35-40 alongside a big merc estate in the o/s lane.

Just as it tightens a touch, weeeeeeeee. Ah.

I was facing teh Merc driver who had fortunately seen what was happening and stopped easily. So then I had to manoeuvre out as I was pointing at the middle of the roundabout straddling both lanes. (it's the one with Princess Parkway under the Mancunian Way for those that know Manc)

The guy in the merc looked a bit peeved, but the guy that followed behind me in a Beemer was pissing himself laughing. :P

I think it was the rear caliper sticking tbh as I've been round that roundabout twice a day for the past 4 years and usually at least as fast as I was going today.

I really must get them fixed 'cos I was bloody lucky. It's about due for it's 6 monthly bodyshop visit as well. :lol:

Coops
10-03-2006, 23:54
yeah i know that r/bout mate, can get a good lick round there! have a go after i visit the ex missus bout 2am kinda time, swede!!

what time u have ur close encounter then, its does get busy there!! :D

Swervin_Mervin
10-03-2006, 23:59
5:45pm ish. Slap bang in rush hour. :shock:

Coops
11-03-2006, 00:00
hehe, spot on mate, glad nowt bad happened n u probably cheered a few motorists up on the daily rat race! 8)

Lunner
11-03-2006, 00:01
sure you didn't just slightly lift, can't ebelive how twitchy the back ends of the cliops get unless you keep it planted, esp in the wet

Swervin_Mervin
11-03-2006, 00:08
I never lift round there dude. Like I say, wasn't even going anything like the pace I might normally, as I knew the caliper was sticking a touch when I left the car park.

There was no warning it was going, unlike last time I spun it. :P This went so quick. Must be the o/s rear caliper sticking that caused it.

Zollo
11-03-2006, 19:27
:oops:

I've only spun once on the road, on a roundabout, and it's sooo embarassing when you do it in front of people :oops: :oops: :oops:

Martin
11-03-2006, 19:33
crazy fools, I've never spun on the road....I usually make up for that in track though lol

Zollo
11-03-2006, 19:38
It was on a roundabout, and like Merv, it was totally unexpected. Plus it was in a 205 GTi, so it's to be expected :P

And, as far as I can remember, I've only spun once in the Williams...with the instructor in the car...his fault :roll:

Swervin_Mervin
11-03-2006, 21:08
Well the 1st time was when I was try to keep in front of 2live, Rob and Martin on the 1st peaks run. :P

I now have my new calipers, fluid and pads. 8)