PDA

View Full Version : "Good old Clio's!"

stew
10-03-2006, 21:56
A bit of a happy post, after many people getting the "winter blues!"....

I had to drive my mums 1.6 astra yesterday. I learned to drive in this car (3 years ago), i drove this car for 1 year before getting my first clio. :) It seemed fairly nippy back then when giving it some stick.

Not bad cars, built well, good commuting kinda car, but something was missing.....

....It was sooooo boring to drive! :roll: No power, no good driving position, no tasty turn in. It seemed like twice the size and weight of my clio :cry:

It made me remember a few things about why we put up with the high running costs, the amount of time we spend footering about fixing things on them.....clio's are fun cars.

All the hassle of the impracticalities of a stripped out 2.0L clio are worth it when you get behind the wheel. Its made me realise that im happy to freeze my ass off on cold mornings with frost on the inside of the windscreen, to put up with only having 2 seats, no sound deadening, loud exhuast, slammed on coilovers, harnesses etc......anything rather than drive a STANDARD BORING CAR!

The only 3 things that will ever make me change is....

1)If i have to do massive commuting journeys
2)If i come into some major money (aint gonna happen!)
3)When i become old and boring (got a fair few years before that happens!)

*Sorry is a tad random *
*Gets my coat....

Lunner
10-03-2006, 21:59
I know what you are saying, but the hassle you get from women, i don't think i've been out with a bird yet that hasn't bitched about the interior of my car, or lack of it

bigjim
12-03-2006, 01:02
tbh im getting fed up with loud exhaust and bone hard ride. im getting the standard airbox put back on mine to quieten it down a bit and come the summer im due some money from a 3 year share save from my work and may well be looking at selling up and getting something bigger/faster. i must be getting old.

FATBOY
12-03-2006, 11:06
I know what you are saying, but the hassle you get from women, i don't think i've been out with a bird yet that hasn't bitched about the interior of my car, or lack of it

gotta admit tho fella! it would be a bit awkward and uncomfortable for a quicky in your old RSI :lol:

Martin
12-03-2006, 12:04
tbh im getting fed up with loud exhaust and bone hard ride. im getting the standard airbox put back on mine to quieten it down a bit and come the summer im due some money from a 3 year share save from my work and may well be looking at selling up and getting something bigger/faster. i must be getting old.

Bone hard ride (lowered?) and loud exhaust....put it back to standard then lol

GazTwo
12-03-2006, 12:41

I used to think my Williams was loud till I bought the nana.... :lol: