PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get one of these from...

10-03-2006, 11:24
http://clio-williams.net/Parties/Optimisation/mecanique/Admission_GrpA_1.jpg

The triangle shaped air intake...

Thinking of fitting something to the valver bonnet to take air from the vent directly to the filter.

Not sure it will work but cant find anything to fit the vent on the bonnet.

Gav
10-03-2006, 11:26
just get a hose going from the filter to the fog log holes in ur bumper

10-03-2006, 11:34
no, cos i dont have a 16v front bumper do i

also there is a cold air feed which goes into the normal box already down that way however being the vent on a 16v bonnet is useless on my car as it cools nothing down i might aswell make some use for it :roll:

Gav
10-03-2006, 11:35
no, cos i dont have a 16v front bumper do i

also there is a cold air feed which goes into the normal box already down that way however being the vent on a 16v bonnet is useless on my car as it cools nothing down i might aswell make some use for it :roll:

fair enough

i heard u were getting a 16v bumper thats all :?: :!:

10-03-2006, 12:47
maybe, not sure yet.

If i did the fogs would stay, hate cars with only 1 fog light :roll:

Jason
10-03-2006, 15:40
I strongly doubt if this would work on a std valver,
since it is designed for GrA Clios.
Why don't you go for HP induction ?

http://www.hillpower.co.uk/images/gallery/cold%20kit%2002.jpg

10-03-2006, 16:08
to costly and ive got an RSi...

Ive got something else planned anyway now :roll:

BRUN
10-03-2006, 19:22
why do you need one of those if its an RSi......does the RSi have an oval shaped inlet aswell ?

10-03-2006, 19:44
the initial plan was to use the vent on the 16v bonnet as an air intake point, using a triangle shaped induction vent (as above) which would be connected to a pipe which would then go to the air filter, however after looking at sizes etc... i would imagine that a induction vent that big wouldnt fit because of either the inlet or the bulkhead. So plan is to somehow get a pipe running from the rain catcher to the air filter, not to sure what ill achieve and could look a mess however could also look pretty cool and unique :lol:

Smokey McPot
10-03-2006, 19:47
could you mod your bonnet with a R19 bonnet vent, and put in over the Induction filter.

10-03-2006, 20:23
could do but dont really want to mess with it too much. I like the one vent as it is :wink:

Lunner
10-03-2006, 21:40
Ok for starters the 16v bonnet vent sucks air OUT, not in, hence teh bulge infront of it, it acts as an aerofoil creatig a low pressure area above the vent.

Secondsly there is alsmot no room between teh top of the inlet manifold and the bonnet

Thirdly, since the exhaust manifold is under the vent, as is the ionlet manifold, it will help to cool these items, meaning lower intake air temps

10-03-2006, 22:23
Ok for starters the 16v bonnet vent sucks air OUT, not in, hence teh bulge infront of it, it acts as an aerofoil creatig a low pressure area above the vent.

Secondsly there is alsmot no room between teh top of the inlet manifold and the bonnet

Thirdly, since the exhaust manifold is under the vent, as is the ionlet manifold, it will help to cool these items, meaning lower intake air temps

didnt know that, and true LoL

Rain catcher fits then?

Lunner
10-03-2006, 23:00
No rain catcher doesn'rt fit, hence the being no room

10-03-2006, 23:03
gay, bought one for no reason then :roll:

Nick Hill
11-03-2006, 20:20
I run the air filter of my Rsi engine 16v Clio same as the kit I do for the 16v. Works nicely.

arj256
11-03-2006, 23:58

The bulge on the bonnet is to create more air pressure as the air rushes over the bonnet, so when it goes through the vent, it is at a higher pressure thus more effective.
There is no logic in it blowing out as it would have to blow out against the air coming across the bonnet, and there is limited room to get air behind the engine to blow out..