PDA

View Full Version : How many ppl have removed the abs and got through the mot?

Jamie.
09-03-2006, 19:32
im just tempted to remove the bulb on mine as the abs light comes on after 20 mins?!
however the garage i took it to had a print out on a sheet saying the abs light should come on with ignition then go off afterwoods? do all garages have this info or just "big" garages. as my thought is if i took it to a shitty little garage who didnt know would i pass? as strictly the abs light must come on and then go off?

any advice welcome plase

steveos_16valver
09-03-2006, 20:56
its a mot regulation not just down to the garage

but ask nicely and push a £20 his way and he might miss the fact the light doesent come on !!!!!

BUT in answer to your question its a mot reg not down to the garage and if the tester gets caught doing it they loose there mot lisence , the minestry can do a surprise check over on any car ythey like when its being tested so ................ its really up to the guy doing it tbh

richy
09-03-2006, 21:03
they can do a check on your car after its been mot'd basicly once u are off the site of mot place

get it fixed ya slacker

white16valver
09-03-2006, 21:46
Maybe this is stupid logic, but if the ABS isn't working then so what? Plenty of cars don't have it so why does it matter if it's not working?

Stupid MOT laws... :roll: lol

Plattsy
10-03-2006, 01:02
abs on hybrid was disconnected and bulb removed and it passed no problems nothing was even said about it

smokey
10-03-2006, 02:11
I have williams 3 dials and engine but no abs and mine has been through 3 MOT's at different garages like it and passed every one no probs

Coops
10-03-2006, 11:59
thats cuz they can see its got no abs smokey mate so it aint gonna bother em!! the abs unit as fahookin huge under the bonnet!!looks like a nest of cobras or summit by the battery

POWARTEK
10-03-2006, 12:17
mine is broke but still passed..........may I suggest you wire the light into you oil pressure light......... :roll:

Jamie.
10-03-2006, 13:47
oil light doesnt come on with ignition though, the point is..... the abs light must come on with ignition and then go off when the engine has started and the oil light does not do that!

Zollo
10-03-2006, 13:51
The oil level guage does though, doesn't it?

Coops
10-03-2006, 14:14
my oil light on the dash does do that, comes on on ignition, start engine and off it goes! and yeah oil level gauge does n all so cud tap into that.

just whip out the fuse n bulb n take it to different garage n see if it passes, if it dont then try tappin into one of them two bulbs!!

Daz.
10-03-2006, 14:23
I've passed 3 times - they've never looked under the bonnet of my car doing an mot so how would they know its got abs?!

Aslong as you unplug the abs and take the bulb out your ok!

they don't iirc stroke there greasy tash and look at your brakes and say HEY! THIS FELLAS GOT ABS!