PDA

View Full Version : sorry guys - another idle problem for your attention

Gav
05-03-2006, 22:27
Got my car tuned b4 MOT as emissions was running to high.
The car wouldnt idle as my iscv was fooked, so the tuning guy put a ford one on for the time being as they are universal.

Now i recieved my ISCV off plattsy i fit it today, started the car, worked pefect! idle didnt drop, stayed at right revs, until i took it out, got up the road and when i come to a stop with clutch in, the revs drop and stalls, this is until engine is warm then it sits just on 500revs maybe not even that.
I got some carb cleaner and sprayed all the shite out of the ISCV cleaned it up and put it back on and its still the same, start the car and revs go up to 1k and then stalls straight away, just cuts out.

What can be the problem? Is it cuz the tuning guy tuned my revs to work on the ford ISCV or do i need another renault ISCV or is my car well and truley ****ed cuz its a bag of shit reanult **** up?

engine is new, and so is everything else so cant be that prob, all electrics r fine, no earth probs or anything like that, so is the idle control valve i got from plattsy a dud? Or is it something else?

Thanks for lookin doods

Will-Jr

wavy
05-03-2006, 23:15
What can be the problem? Is it cuz the tuning guy tuned my revs to work on the ford ISCV

that sounds like the problem tune it back to how it was ?

ben_j
05-03-2006, 23:50
wat exactly did he tune? the ecu runs the car does it not? unplug the ecu for a while so it resets i'd guess then let it learn again

BRUN
06-03-2006, 00:16
he cant tune anything mate........its all controlled by the ECU

how old is your coolant temp sensor.........

Gav
06-03-2006, 13:29
i have no idea mate, i just took it to the tuning company and told him how it failed on the MOT.
I dont know how to unplug the ecu and was told to check the map sensor but dunno wtf im doin :shock:

BRUN
06-03-2006, 13:30
you dont need to unplug the ECU, take the battery off for an hour or so, this will reset it

Plattsy
06-03-2006, 15:42
Do what brun says thats meant to work...
if not get it tuned to standard....
would the map sensor have anything to do with it??
injectors blockd?
inlet manifold gasket?
water on the plugs, rocker cover gasket?

Gav
06-03-2006, 17:57
dont know if it makes any difference but i got a r19 inlet manifld on my clio not a clio one

would this be the problem?

BRUN
07-03-2006, 00:42
is the pipe to the map sensor connected properly ?