PDA

View Full Version : Battery problems..

dan-hipgrave
05-03-2006, 17:20
Ok, been working on the car all day, fitting a steering column. Got that job done and then started the car, and checked the steering was all true and tight. Then gave it a wash/wax and went to go out for a drive and the battery was completely flat!!

Tried jump starting it off another car and when i connected the leads up, both cars +VE battery terminals gave a shower of sparks and mine have practically melted, so i quickly took them off and tried again later, only to get the same result - a shower of sparks, burning smell and my +VE terminal is now blackened!! What the hell is that all about - ive never seen it happen before :? Didnt leave the leads on cos it looked like a fire was about to start...

Clio_GTT
05-03-2006, 18:09
silly question but you are jumping the cars positive to positive ? :lol:

ben_j
05-03-2006, 18:48
yea your def doing it backwards! either way u need a new battery now it seems so go buy one

dan-hipgrave
05-03-2006, 19:06
:shock: LOL nah i wasnt jumping them backwards - definately not!!!!

Anyway, got it sorted now - ive been out bump starting it for about an hour, without a hint of it trying to start, then noticed the immobiliser light flashing, switched that off using the little key under the glovebox and it bumped first time after that...