PDA

View Full Version : bloody sundays

katbloke
05-03-2006, 12:36
any ideas guys wilma still wont start, no spark, well saying no spark i removed the plug and rested it on one of the lifting eyes spun it over and no spark, fuel pump whirs over fine? whats the best place to check if fuel is coming through?

off to buy leads and coil possibly in a minute

Clio_GTT
05-03-2006, 13:10
to check for fuel, remove the cover over the inlet manifold to reveal the fuel rail then remove the fuel inlet pipe and crank the engine over

katbloke
05-03-2006, 14:48
right i removed the main fuel pipe going to the inlet manifold span it and its bone dry, is there anywhere else to look perhaps for blockages, could it need bleeding?

fitted new coil no difference, new cap new r/arm.

seems to have stemmed from perhaps letting her run low on fuel even though the light never came on.

Clio_GTT
05-03-2006, 15:38
so you have no spark and no fuel just like holl, try and test the TDC sensor, test the resistance between the two wires on it, should be 200 +/- 50 ohms

katbloke
05-03-2006, 16:08
Willy lover, ive just removed battery, airbox, removed/cleaned and replaced tdc, sprayed carb cleaner into the throttle body area, refitted airbox body and battery and after a qwik cough and a splutter she runs fine.

Many thanks mate.

Holl, go buy a brand new tdc, like you i had no fuel and no spark now shes running again

http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=3096

Now the tappets are sounding real rattly must find a better oil thatn magnatec.

Clio_GTT
05-03-2006, 16:14
all part of the service 8)