PDA

View Full Version : My Beloved Williams 1 (No 139) For Sale ***SOLD***

Jeeder
04-03-2006, 19:47
** THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD **

It's been a while since i've been on the site and even longer since i've seen some of you guys. I'm afraid to say that the time has come to sell my Williams 1. Impending family means that a Range Rover has now replaced the Clio and I could do with the cash to pay for an extension being built so the details are as follows:

Price: £3000
Williams 1 (number 139)
L reg - 1993
Mileage: 101k
Full Service History (every single stamp without fail)
TAX/MOT until May 2006. The car is almost guaranteed to pass the next MOT with no problem. It's only done 1400 miles since the last MOT!!
The car is garaged and has been by the last owners
Cobra Alarm (Cat 1)

The guy who owned it before me spent £1700 getting it completely resprayed and the wheels refurbed. I know that some purists prefer cars to not be resprayed and that some cowboys use it to disguise hidden horrors underneath. I guarantee 100% this to not be the case with my car. The paint job was done to make an 11 year old car (at the time) look brand new. And it really does look immaculate.

The car is perfect mechanically with no problems at all to comment upon. The paintwork looks like new.

The interior is immaculate. No rips, stains or marks at all on seats, carpets, anywhere at all.

Absolutely everything on it works as it should (all the bulbs, switches etc)

The car is totally standard except for:
Mongoose Stainless Exhaust (with 3.5" tailpipe)
K&N Air Filter.
Sony 6 CD Changer & Sony X-Plod Amp. 2 Speakers Built Into Reinforced Acoustic Parcel Shelf.

The personalised plate is not included. I am currently getting the car changed back onto it's original 'L' number plate.

Genuine reason for selling. I'd always wanted a Williams for years so I bought this one. But the reality is that me & the wife don't need two cars. We both work in the City and commute by train so only use one car at the weekend. Hence, the Williams has been garaged since i've had it (for 15 months) and gets a little bit of use at weekends but not enough to warrant keeping two cars. I've not even covered 3000 miles since i've owned the car!

Now that kids are on the way and extension work is being done, it's pretty much made the decision to sell the car for me.

I'm a genuine honest bloke and wouldn't mislead anyone. The car is exactly as described and whoever buys it will be getting a truly fantastic car. There's no point lying about these things as they just come back to haunt you!

I've got some photos on the web. Click on the following link:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v516/jeederfires/

I've tried to cover everything but if i've missed anything just send me a message (owenmattowen@aol.com)

It would be great to have at least one meet up with the familiar faces (and non familar for that matter!!) before I part with the Williams. I really enjoyed the few meets that I did go along to (Ipswich, Finchingfield etc) and was great to meet some genuinely top people (Fatboy, Azza, Snakey, Summeh, Stromba etc etc.) Do let me know if anything's being planned before my Williams owning days are over so I can have one last day out in her.

Finally, please no timewaters, canvassers, people from abroad e-mailing me to say they'll send me a cheque for a million poinds if I ship them my car... etc. I'm not looking to part ex or take any offers. A friend of mine does want to buy my car but needs to sell his first so be quick!!!

Sorry, One thing I had forgotten to add. There is a small amount of play in the steering wheel (as many of you know is a common thing with Williams'). It's never bothered me enough to get sorted but is a small job to fix. My mate Aaron (He's a member on here under the name 'Azza') has got a Williams 1 and he got the same steering problem fixed for £20 so if I had the time I would get sorted but I haven't! Just wanted to make sure that everything was made clear. This really is the only thing that is not perfect on the car.

MatBrown
04-03-2006, 19:51
Looks nice mate, good luck with the sale.

Mat.

FATBOY
04-03-2006, 21:08
long time no hear mate! sorry to see your selling her :( but anyone reading this! i can vouch for how nice this prime example of a williams 1 is!

will get on the case to sort out another meet mate! and will let ya know asap!

good luck with the sale!

dannyt
05-03-2006, 10:43
Looks absolutely spot on fella, if i can raise the cash soon, i'll have it!

Where are you based?

Jeeder
05-03-2006, 11:26
I live in Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire which is about ten minutes away from Stansted Airport.

ben_j
05-03-2006, 21:45
people are gonna ask so i may as well so u can put the info up.

when was cam belt changed last?

still on original clutch?

anything else been changed?

Jeeder
05-03-2006, 22:13
Just gone through the old serice history.

It had a new clutch & cam belt changed at 46k miles. Cam belt was changed again at 73k miles. The service book is marked to show that the cam belt must be changed again at 120k miles (which is 19k miles away yet).

There's loads of receipts here. It is apparent that the previous owners have treated her well and spent money on keeping her well serviced regularly.

Had a new catalytic converter at 97k.

She's had 6 owners in her life from new.

Nothing else on her has been changed as far as I can tell.

The tyres are in good nick too. There's loads and loads of tread left on them.

When I bought the car I got my mate (who's a mechanic for Lancaster Porsche) to give her a good going over. He gave her an excellent verdict. The engine, gearbox and all mechanics on the car are perfect. So much so, he's the friend of mine who wants to buy it if he manages to sell his car!

Let me know if i've not answered anything. Cheers

Jeeder
15-03-2006, 20:02
The car has been sold. Hopefully, the new owner will be given the same hospitality I was by you all. Been a pleasure being a Williams owner. Maybe I will be again in the future!! Cheers, Matt

dannyt
15-03-2006, 21:10
congrads, but sad to see it go i bet!

how much did it go for if u dont mind me asking?

FATBOY
15-03-2006, 21:25
well done with the sale mate. please quote this site to the new owner! and good luck in the future! :D

Jeeder
15-03-2006, 21:42
Cheers Paul. I have done so hopefully he'll be signing up.
Been a pleasure knowing you mate. Hope our paths cross again soon