PDA

View Full Version : oil leak, new info

dannyb1986
04-03-2006, 19:29
ive had an oil leak coming from the drivers side of the engine, i took the manifold off this afternoon, not a really bad job as i though it would be, but the oil leak looks to be coming from the back off the cam cover, looks liek there is a pulley driven by the cam belt, could this be aux shaft?? or the oil is just leaking somewhere else and filling my cam cover up!! any 1 had the same sort of porblems??

Anders
05-03-2006, 00:13
Just whip off your rocker cover (cam cover) and inspect the gasket.

If it looks OK, then reseat making sure you have cleaned the enitre area. That way if it starts leaking again, you know where from.

The pulley that you see is driven by the timing belt (crankshaft) and will turn either the inlet or outlet camshafts. Don't remove this, as your in for some fun if you do.

dannyb1986
05-03-2006, 21:14
its not the camshafts, its right down at the bottom, do you need to remove the engine moiunt to get the top cam cover off?

BRUN
05-03-2006, 21:59
nope....

Anders
07-03-2006, 18:18
You said in your post that you thought the leak may be coming from the cam cover...

I was only going by your information buddy...

If you are meaning the timing belt cover..then thats a different story..

Jack up the car, remove wheel and the crappy plastic sheild to allow access to lower sections of timing belt cover.

Support under engine with another jack or use engine host from above, whip off engine mount and take of the timing belt cover. Could be leaking from one of the seals on the side.

BRUN
07-03-2006, 20:15
yea, i was talking about the cam cover, not the cambelt cover