PDA

View Full Version : Help

TriO`
04-03-2006, 15:49
my bans up in two days :D so i went out to start the car...

i haven't been turning it over as much as i should have and the battery was totally flat. I tried jump starting it but some wierd stuff was happening.

At first it was really struggling to turn over but i thought it would go in the end. The temp reading kept flashing up with E4. does anyone know what this means? some kind of error message?

anyway after trying this for a while we gave up and started to give it a few bump starts... nothing :(

we tried to jumpstart it again but this time there was nothing happening, not even attempting to turn over??

i'm a bit stumped as to whats going on?

****ed starter motor? immoboliser problems? i dunno

anyone know what could be up, or what that E4 message means?

cheers, TriO`

Purple
04-03-2006, 16:01
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for an hour. Then connect it back and try a jumper cable start? I think that should reset the ECU. No harm trying.

TriO`
04-03-2006, 17:14
got the AA out in the end and they got it started with the proper equipment.

didn't want to start but it did in the end, revs are dropping a lot too but i think everyhitng might just need a good clean etc.

he took it out for a rag n it felt so fast. i can't wait to get it back on monday :D

Purple
04-03-2006, 17:19
Heh, don't jinx it by saying "it's working perfectly" immediately after any repair. If it still starts the next 2 days - then you can say it! :D

katbloke
04-03-2006, 17:40
your outside temp gauge reading of e4 isnt a fault code i dont think, its one of the random images that appear coz the sensor in the n/s mirror isnt working properly, mine goes from e4 -30 and anything else it likes in between.

What did they use to get your car started in the end?