PDA

View Full Version : how many mounts does the 16v have?

diggs04
03-03-2006, 16:47
my gearstick moves all over the place badly. i have replaced the top engine mount and the dogbone mount and its still as bad. i know there is also another gearbox mount under battery is there another if so where is it?

gsf mounts list says there is an engine rear mount i cant see it.

FlamingMonkey
03-03-2006, 16:51
3 mounts IIRC, I have the R19 on mine too as a fourth, didn't make much difference on my engine as its all over the place anyway with the cams

I imagine the rear one will be the dog bone?

diggs04
03-03-2006, 17:02
oh i thought the dogbone was a gearbox mount. i see, so i have renewed the two engine ones then. on the list it has two gearbox mounts a top and a rear one. so the car must have 4?

i have a r19 engine in my car duno if it has the extra mount on it, where is did you put the extra one you got? :shock:

u33db
03-03-2006, 17:21
my gearstick moves all over the place badly. i have replaced the top engine mount and the dogbone mount and its still as bad. i know there is also another gearbox mount under battery is there another if so where is it?

gsf mounts list says there is an engine rear mount i cant see it.

No there is just 3 mounts as std - the dogbone, upper engine mount and gearbox.

I think GFS list the dofbone mount as rear engine and rear gearbox depending on which model you're looking at but there are definately only three.

Lunner
03-03-2006, 20:11
retro fit a R19 mount to the gearbox, mounts box to sunframe, just holds it a but more solid