PDA

View Full Version : Megane head on 1.8 16v block

clowo16v
01-03-2006, 21:07
Would there be any performance benifits of putting a Megane 2 litre head on the 1.8 16v block? Do the flow better than the Williams head?

See ya

Matt

Coops
01-03-2006, 21:13
may aswell use whole meggi engine if ur headin that way, more power to be had!! :twisted:

Lunner
01-03-2006, 21:14
IIRc meggy head has bigger valves, but you need to machine something out for dizzy or something, do a search

Coops
01-03-2006, 21:15
ai thats spot on lunner, meggi uses ignition pack so dizzy aint there! need to let out the gap for it a bit to get clio dizzy to fit right. bigger valves n all and supposedly it is a superior head to the valver one.

clowo16v
01-03-2006, 21:24
Don't want a 2 litre they don't rev enough lol. I think i'll do it then my mate just offered me one that he's taken off a scrapper. I'm running Megasquirt on it so i'll make my own igniton setup anyway and get rid of the dizzy.

See ya

Matt

Coops
01-03-2006, 22:05
if ur settin up ur own management u can rev it to how u like!! wud probs break like but hey thats half the fun!! :lol:

Lunner
01-03-2006, 22:28
no point in revving it past the peak power of the cam anyways, no engine will rev high for a long time without breaking unless its balanced/blueprinted etc

clowo16v
01-03-2006, 22:50
Spec for engine is:

40000 mile Clio 16v block which will be honed and line bored
Lightened and balanced crank
Stress relieved standard rods with ARP bolts
Severely lightened flywheel with ARP bolts
Accralite forged pistons
Grp A rally cams (2nd hand)
Megane Head mildly cleaned up and port matched
GSXR1000 throttle bodies on custom manifold that i've fabricated
Megasquirt V2 ECU

Gonna get it all built and run in with standard injection to start with then switch to the throttle bodies in the Summer. Hoping for a fair amount of power, not too bothered about torque as i'm making the car weigh next to **** all so it shouldn't make much difference.

Only reason i'm doing this is i've sold one of my cars so i've got £2000 burning a hole in my pocket that I need to spend before I piss it up the wall.

See ya

Matt