PDA

View Full Version : Dropping Like Flies

Coops
01-03-2006, 21:02
Just me or do alot of people seem to be getting winter blues? everyone wants to sell up cuz of reliability/cost/etc!

just wait till the summer fellas, all good from there on in! :twisted:

so what i want to know is whos in for the long haul n whos gonna buy something different, watch as that breaks down n all and be gutted they sold their clio?! :P

Lunner
01-03-2006, 21:12
In for the haul, defo, whether a clio will remain my main car for that long is dabatable tho, but atm i can only afford to run one car

holl
01-03-2006, 21:14
defo keepin it, just gota get it to start!!!

Scott-16v!
01-03-2006, 21:15
i may be tempted by something different if i get a better paid job, normally swapped by cars every 6 months, had the valver for 10 months now :)

2 live
01-03-2006, 21:16
well my cars on its 3rd owner......it wont be gettin a 4th.....lol

Coops
01-03-2006, 21:17
am in for the haul wud u believe!! :wink:

but am on with lunners idea, soon as i can afford the clio is gonna become a project n not the daily runner! :twisted:

Dan_Williams
01-03-2006, 21:22
def in for the long haul, bought i brand new c2 vtr when i was 18 only last 6 months, before i could resist buying a williams, and dont regret it for one minute have had to throw some money at it and will no doubt have to in the future but they just look lovely and are so much fun!!!!!!!!!! :D

Lunner
01-03-2006, 21:36
Exactly my mum has goes at me for buying an old car and always having to fix it, but i can do teh work myself, and its just SO much fun, to buy a new car at similar pace you are lookijgn getting on for 10K, i can get a car same sorta pace for £1k, and maybe spend £2k in parts, thats a car for £3k

Plattsy
01-03-2006, 21:54
im out for now...once the clio goes thats it for me....
well til i get my licence back that is :D once i do i think im just going to get a cheap run around... who knows?

GazTwo
01-03-2006, 22:50

Ditto... :D

stew
01-03-2006, 22:53
Long haul.

Spending the next 2 or so years getting my hybrid completly track spec'd up! mite even go group A spec engine if funds allow in a year or so.

Such fun cars, perfect for track action, and for the performance per £, you cant go wrong really! My thing toasts 172's and 182's!

Ploughing some major money into the clio over easter (headwork and cams and remap) but theres no gain without pain! :wink:

When i can afford to run 2 cars i will. buy a cheaper runaround, and then clio will become dedicated track slag!

dan-hipgrave
01-03-2006, 23:10
definately in for the long haul - im picking up a rebuilt F7R soon, and have a few chrome bits for it, as well as a welded steering column so the clio should be minty mint - gonna keep it and enjoy it! (keep thinking about a pulsar for next year though :idea: )

Jamie.
01-03-2006, 23:14
if i have the money i will keep it forever

richy
01-03-2006, 23:30
im always thinking about selling mine, im sick of things breaking and its got to the point if it does anymore i will cut my loss's as im bored n sickj of fixing it, love driving it and have to say i got nearly 12month with virtually no problems untill mount snapped and a shaft end too!!!

its fine now and im reasonably happy with it!

fasterthanjesus
02-03-2006, 09:58
lifer. cant see me driving anything else.

10 year old cars require money. the williams is worth it.

snakeylady
02-03-2006, 13:31
definately will be keeping her - she is just so reliable [yes really!!!] although would love a second car with a bit more room for those family outings - pref a nice skyline :wink:

Andyvalver
02-03-2006, 15:24
I dunno what to do with mine. 2 gearboxes in the same year has **** all to do with winter blues lol. I dont mind fixing normall stuff but cant be arsed with the engine out again.

Lunner
02-03-2006, 16:10
Engine doesn't have to come out ;)

Just get a williams box next time it goes

Andyvalver
02-03-2006, 16:24
I would get a williams box but i get the feeling it might not pull as well in 5th though. The engine out is the best way to get th box out imo :wink: If you can do it quicker with less hassle then next time i will give you a call and you can have a crack at it for me while i stand and watch :wink:

Lucky for me this time anyway that i never had to take it out, someone else did lol :P

Lunner
02-03-2006, 16:34
I dunno, i've taken an engine out bewfore, but never had to swap a box in the car....tilkl next week, but can't imagine anythign would be much more hassle than taking the engine out

J o n
02-03-2006, 16:41
never understood this buy a willy box when it goes mentality, they cost almost double for only minimal difference in strength... which I'm not even sure they have as it is... valver box all the way, until someone manages to put a 172 box on... (wish they would hurry the **** up about it too!)

Lunner
02-03-2006, 17:31
The williams boxes are constructed entirley differntly, its a system of bearings preseed on rather than circlips etc which makes themn stronger.

Suppose it depends if you hammer your box, or if you heel and toe and change gear properly on how long they last

matt uk
02-03-2006, 18:56
i'll probably sell up next 17 hours or something and have had another 5-6 clio's by end of the month......

:roll:

Tommo
03-03-2006, 11:04

Ditto... :D

Ditto!

richy
03-03-2006, 20:14
never understood this buy a willy box when it goes mentality, they cost almost double for only minimal difference in strength... which I'm not even sure they have as it is... valver box all the way, until someone manages to put a 172 box on... (wish they would hurry the f**k up about it too!)

the 172 box is a JC5 like the williams lol, and the williams box is stronger then a valver JB3 box, gears are heat/press fitted not slide n clip on shite, bearings are stronger, only downfall is they share the same diff circlip deisgn on all of these boxs! the only reasons u dont see many 172/182 boxs been done is 1, there alot newer and less milage, and 2, they tend to get done under warrenty so no ****er moans !!

my box is new in my car and is fine, its just the shite driveshaft ends and mounts i have problems with