PDA

View Full Version : At what point do you say....

J o n
01-03-2006, 09:36
**** it, i've had enough of my car? I've had this feeling of impending doom before, but today I have a very very strong sense of cutting my losses and just getting another car... I've spent a fortune and it still needs yet more money throwing (see wasting) at it... should I just cut my losses and **** it off as I dont think I'd have a problem doing that now tbh, it's getting boring, plain and simple...

2 live
01-03-2006, 09:37
yeah.seein evryone pull past u is shit mate....

sell it an get a fast 1 lol. :wink:

northy
01-03-2006, 09:39
lol, its entirely upto u jon.

But a good williams is very reliable.

There is a lovely williams 1 on the trader with 90k on...give that a try.

J o n
01-03-2006, 09:46
tbh Jon I wouldn't care if it was the slowest one ever if it worked and gave me no problems... not much has pulled past recently, but if the brakes start sticking on i'll be struggling with mini cooper 'S' thingys again... :shock:

Northy, i'll never get another one, if it goes it goes, the whole point of getting rid would be to get something entirely different...

Purple
01-03-2006, 10:27
If it was me, it would have been long gone. Really. And possibly bought another Williams to give it another go.
If that one breaks as well, then a fast japanese car for reliable motoring.

But as Northy says, it's a personal thing.

2 live
01-03-2006, 10:35
like iv said b4 tho mate......the garages that u have previously used have dry bummed u from the start.

all the brakes susp etc that was previously replaced was done at an extortionate cost, then theres the one that fukt ur oil pump....which was another bag o sand nearly. :wink:

u can either stick with it n ride it out , or sell it.

but u know my opinion...u dont treat it badly enuff...2mph over speed humps etc....treat em ruff .....they love it. lol.

northy
01-03-2006, 10:53
the brakes will wear on any car
the engine broke due to reasons
the body is good - they all WILL rust eventually

mines the same - steering racks gone, power steering is making a noise - deal with it and get it fixed.

Lunner
01-03-2006, 11:03
Got a 2nd hand rack you can have cheap if you want it Northy ;)

Kelly
01-03-2006, 11:19
JUST SELL IT :lol:

Gav
01-03-2006, 11:20
if u aint happy with it mate then sell it
after spending loads on mine to restore it i lost all passion for it, and even tho now it drives a dream i still dont like it and want rid

so ur never going to be happy with it mate

FlamingMonkey
01-03-2006, 11:21
Sell it and buy another car, then you can come to meets ;)

J o n
01-03-2006, 11:56
you know what, **** it, I'm selling, had enough. made my decision. 2k no offers, i really cant be ****ing arsed anymore.

Gav
01-03-2006, 11:57
dont blame u mate

J o n
01-03-2006, 12:04
neither do i, the problems I have had are an on running joke to everyone else, but I cant be ****ed with it anymore, it's got out of hand. track time for FCS now available to who wants it, as I can catagorically tell you now that this car wont be going to another meet.

so as above, 2k no offers.

loads of new bits, cant be arsed going through it all, most people know this car and it's problems anyway. main points I guess are the Megane engine now on 32k, cams, new suspension and drive shafts, brakes completely replaced not even a month ago, however problems still need to be addressed and I have no idea what they are. still runs but prolly wont for long given the nature of the car... good for spares

Andyvalver
01-03-2006, 12:10
Im considering gettin rid too when my box is fixed. Dunno what to get though :? I dont mind fixing small probs throughout the year but doin the gearbox twice in the same year has pissed me off a tad :evil:

Not really sure what you should do mate.

northy
01-03-2006, 12:12
:roll:

get it fixed jon.

The wilwoods will sort your breaks out for good.

McPikie
01-03-2006, 12:24
Oooooooooooh, don't do this to me while my leg is ****ed :twisted:

How much to Part ex with a nice clean naples?

GazTwo
01-03-2006, 12:25
Can I have the shell Jon???

FlamingMonkey
01-03-2006, 12:26
Oooooooooooh, don't do this to me while my leg is f**ked :twisted:

How much to Part ex with a nice clean naples?

lol thought that said nipples

Purple
01-03-2006, 12:38
* edit *

Purple
01-03-2006, 12:38
Maybe this will make you feel better, there's a bit of car ownership zen that I really believe in.

There will be one car among all cars that you have owned that is so unreliable and accident-prone that it sucks out all the bad karma. Making cars that come after that to be utterly reliable and safe. Perhaps this clio might do that for you. :) I should know, I had an Uno Turbo. :D

J o n
01-03-2006, 12:54
thanks for the offer Pikie, but not gonna touch anything French again say maybe for a track car some time in the far far future. it's going as it is or in bits, not bothered which...

Northy, no offense mate, but I dont think you can really begin to even understand the hassle. I'd suggest running my car as your daily drive for a few months and let you pay for whatever goes wrong... you'll soon see it from my view. 2 live used to say the same, but after having it a week changed his mind... wish it was as simple as just "getting it fixed"...

Gaz, if you want the shell you'll have to buy the lot, not messing about breaking it myself, your welcome to buy it and brake it though, not arsed if you make money off it.

Andyvalver
01-03-2006, 12:56
So whats actually wrong or gone wrong with it? Could get myself a bargain here :wink:

J o n
01-03-2006, 13:07
something is up with the brakes again, prolly rear callipers need replacing at a guess, even though they are only 18 months old and there's some play in the front suspension, which again, was completely replaced about the same time, prolly sooner... there's a squeeking sound from the belt area, which is almost certainly alternator... apart from that nothing more I know of... but there will be...

one arch is starting to go and there are 2 other areas of slight rust that need to be treated... oh, needs MOT too, getting that done in the next week or so when I have time and shit stops breaking on it...

Andyvalver
01-03-2006, 13:10
How much would you sell it for?

malbon
01-03-2006, 13:12
got to say that a lot of it comes down to pot luck really. There are good cars and bad cars.

When you buy a 10 year old car you are going to get maintenance issues -FACT. Too many people on here - not saying you btw - think they can just get one and put petrol in it and job done like you can with similar paced but newer hatches like the 172's, VTS, Type R's etc.

If you pay 2k for a williams then imho bills are going to come your way.

i paid over the top for mine but knew my 'luck' would be greatly improved by doing this.

ive said it a million times before.

Buy cheap Buy twice. :roll:

Tommo
01-03-2006, 13:18
I don't blame you mate, seems a shame after all the money spent but there comes a time when you have to cut your losses.

These cars do need lots of TLC, but after reading the amount jesus has spent on repairs it seems a phenomenal amount.

Andyvalver
Buy cheap buy twice :roll:

Dont really agree with that tbh. I know a lad who bought a valver at the same time as i bought mine.He paid £3500 and it had 1 lady owner and had done 30k and he had no end of problems with it. I payed £2100 for a high miler and my problems only came after 2 years of owning it.

wavy
sounds like you have made up your mind mate :( tis a pity :(

Andyvalver
01-03-2006, 13:19
Whats it worth then jesus?

Clio_GTT
01-03-2006, 13:25
in the last 2 and a half years of owning a valver i've spent all of about £200 on repairing stuff. Its been a dream, theres bad and good examples

J o n
01-03-2006, 13:33
got to say that a lot of it comes down to pot luck really. There are good cars and bad cars.

When you buy a 10 year old car you are going to get maintenance issues -FACT. Too many people on here - not saying you btw - think they can just get one and put petrol in it and job done like you can with similar paced but newer hatches like the 172's, VTS, Type R's etc.

If you pay 2k for a williams then imho bills are going to come your way.

i paid over the top for mine but knew my 'luck' would be greatly improved by doing this.

ive said it a million times before.

Buy cheap Buy twice. :roll:

imo that's a load of bollocks, generally you pay for what you get, but I paid £5k for this with FSH and only 56k on the clock... it's been a nightmare from day one... there are maintenance issues then there's this, i've put a little more than just petrol in it :x

Andy, 2k as it is now I think I'd let it go for... i'll let you know what's wrong with it as best I can, 2 live's having a look this weekend again for me, then the MOT should show the rest of the problems up...

malbon
01-03-2006, 13:52
like i said...sometimes pot luck.

I use it as my general rule of thumb and touch wood have always had reliable cars.

J o n
01-03-2006, 14:00
well hopefully next car wont be so much of a nightmare, it's shit like this that makes me not want to get another quick car though... but having said that this shouldn't happen again as I wont be buying another Renault... ever

smokey
01-03-2006, 15:08
What a shame fella, I dont know anyone else who has been as unlucky as you Jon :cry:

We all know how little the rear brakes do right? well do you really need rear calipers....just remove the ****ers :wink: :lol:

I suppose I have just been really lucky with mine, as I have never used it as my main car.....it was originally my 2nd car when i had the 172 and was my 3rd car when I had the 172 & 182.
Because of this I have never had a single issue with it and any money I have spent on it has been down to choice rather then necessity which in turn has made it one of the most enjoyable cars I have owned......Its lasted longer then any other car I have owned without me getting bored and selling up.
Granted I now have a box file with £15k+ in receipts (not including the original purchase of the car) and I have just booked it in to have a respray and the new wheels refurb'd.

I can see why you want to sell it mate, and maybe its time you and renaults parted company.....at least for a while anyway.

:shock: Who's gonna wind the Mk2 girls up on CS if you sell up??

J o n
01-03-2006, 15:46
don't worry, i'll stil be on there to wind those faggots up :lol:

i really want to keep it, but I think it's time to call it a day with the ol' Clio, fun as it has been... it's cost me almost £14-16k to drive 30'000 miles in it... puts things into perspective really when you look at it that way...

Swervin_Mervin
01-03-2006, 16:12
I reckon it's pot luck John. I've had 2 cars that have given me no end of grief. Even though mine is dong so at the mo, I really can't think of anything that I;d rather have.

And nothing will touch a french car for FWD handling either.

fasterthanjesus
01-03-2006, 16:25
not sure of whats out there thats...

1. as good a looker.
2. limited edition.
3. fun to drive.
4. cheaper to maintain (all fasterthanaverage road cars are moneypits).

white16valver
01-03-2006, 16:35
don't worry, i'll stil be on there to wind those faggots up :lol:

i really want to keep it, but I think it's time to call it a day with the ol' Clio, fun as it has been... it's cost me almost £14-16k to drive 30'000 miles in it... puts things into perspective really when you look at it that way...

**** me, I thought mine was bad! I think mine's cost me the best part of about £2.5k, probably £3.5k since I've had it, and I don't actually appear to have really got anything back for that. (admittedly, about a grand of that was down to getting fined for being naughty (twice) but it's still not been a very cheap car...)

J o n
01-03-2006, 16:39
FTJ, as regards point 4, average running costs for a skyline would be cheaper than this thing has been lol

Mike, nothing will touch them, so I think that's why I'll be going for something like an M3, RWD and big power as standard... not that I'll bother to modify it, too much hassle and it's not the done thing where M3's are concerned imo...

White16valver, those are still bad costs mate, more than you should be paying, this thing however goes to a different level entirely! lol

white16valver
01-03-2006, 17:07
I think it's 'cos I've had to do the major jobs that are once in every few years.

I had to have the steering column done (£250?)
rear calipers (£300?),
swap to a stainless exhaust from standard (£125),
couple of services (£100+ each),
new battery (£60),
2 lots of insurance (£550 a go),
1 lot of extra money on insurance (£540)
(following getting done for a red light then getting done for speeding (£600 in fines and costs)),
upgraded to brembos and Pagids and Goodrich lines (£350ish fitted),
and now I'm getting it serviced again, getting the cambelt done and getting it willy tracked all at the same time (as the suspension feels seriously fooked). (£1.4k+)

And now I've just realised that it's cost me over £4.5k, not £3k... (in 18 months, and that excludes buying it!) :shock: :( LoL :lol:

Tommo
01-03-2006, 17:08
Jesus, just out of interest mate what has gone wrong to have bills amounting to 14k?? Is most of that labour charges or parts?

Lunner
01-03-2006, 17:28
I think it's 'cos I've had to do the major jobs that are once in every few years.

I had to have the steering column done (£250?) - 2nd hand column from infinicar £40, labour free

rear calipers (£300?) - £10 from a beeakers, labour free

swap to a stainless exhaust from standard (£125),
couple of services (£100+ each)
new battery (£60),
2 lots of insurance (£550 a go),
1 lot of extra money on insurance (£540)
(following getting done for a red light then getting done for speeding (£600 in fines and costs)),
upgraded to brembos and Pagids and Goodrich lines (£350ish fitted) - £30 or so for dsics, same for pads and £40 for lines, £10 for fuild, labour free

and now I'm getting it serviced again, getting the cambelt done and getting it willy tracked all at the same time (as the suspension feels seriously fooked). (£1.4k+)

And now I've just realised that it's cost me over £4.5k, not £3k... (in 18 months, and that excludes buying it!) :shock: :( LoL :lol:

Just look at the money you can save if you learn how to do things yourself

FlamingMonkey
01-03-2006, 17:30
^^ Yep battery for the valver is 27quid near me with 2 year warranty, 32 quid for one with 3 years

Martin
01-03-2006, 17:51
I had a similar experience with my old williams as you know Jesus....I decided to get rid and it was the best thing I ever did in terms of cars....had two good un's since which have been much better! :)

Jamie.
01-03-2006, 17:56
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^dont tell edde that :wink:

white16valver
01-03-2006, 18:17
Just look at the money you can save if you learn how to do things yourself

Well, this is true, but I'd firstly have to buy all the tools to do things and then have a go and try not to get it wrong.

And if I fcuked it up I'd be a bit stuck... lol

I don't know - I just haven't the confidence to really try things, though I know I should really.

J o n
01-03-2006, 18:30
Jesus, just out of interest mate what has gone wrong to have bills amounting to 14k?? Is most of that labour charges or parts?

both really, had 5 cambelt changes for various reasons in less than 2 year time frame... which costs... new engine, gearbox, flywheel, clutch x2, suspension (everything), countless set's of disks and bearings, all 4 callipers, drive shafts, 3 alternators, at least 4 starter motors, countless bushes and shitty little bits, gearbox mounts, few batteries, cat died on it almost immediately, standard bits of exhaust went, water pumps, oil pumps... most of all these bits were all over a short period for all the smaller stuff and longer periods between major failures, but the 1st major bill I got was over 3k from one garage when I had gearbox, clutch, flywheel, brakes completely replaced, some suspension etc... it never got any better from there really... worse

Martin, thing is mate this has put me off French cars full stop, I cant really see myself shelling out more money... it pains me to think of all the cars I could have had instead that would blow the Willy into the weeds... the amount I have spent on it would have bought me an Evo with money to mod it, an E36 M3, R32 GT-R... etc etc... kinda makes me resentful towards it now lol

Jamie.
01-03-2006, 18:36
jesus, just put an end to it all and sell it. u have put up with the cost long enough imo. okay u could have done alot of that work urslef but none the less the car is cursed. sell it now when things arent that bad. maybe next week ur cambelt will snap, or maybe that will be on the way to the bank with the new owner in the passenger seat......

G E T R I D

Swervin_Mervin
01-03-2006, 18:36
Martin, thing is mate this has put me off French cars full stop, I cant really see myself shelling out more money

Thing is though mate I've owned 5 french cars and steph now has 1. In 6 cars only 1 was a real nightmare, and the other is a valver. The others have all been pretty good. FWIW I think Renault are the worst of the frenchies by some margin.

BTW I;ve just been looking at Supras. :twisted:

u33db
01-03-2006, 19:37
TBH yours sounds like my old 16v...replaced lots on it until it was pretty good again but by then i'd had enough/lost faith - so much had been replaced it was never 'right' in my mind. In fact, TBH, i was shitting myself each time i drove it wondering if something else was going to break!

Get rid, if just for the piece of mind.

BRUN
01-03-2006, 19:55
yup, and it currently wont let me in it dougal.......

had to get a taxi to work today and it still wont let me in now when ive got home.........

im gettin a new alarm fitted soon, ill have to..........i dont think ill own another french car again, they are nothing but trouble

Lunner
01-03-2006, 19:57
TBH i've lost interest in working on mine and fixing mine now, hence moving on to pastures anew

Still the old girl has given me a fantastic amoutn of fun, cot me alot of money, and taught me alot about mechanics

u33db
01-03-2006, 20:37
yup, and it currently wont let me in it dougal.......

had to get a taxi to work today and it still wont let me in now when ive got home.........

im gettin a new alarm fitted soon, ill have to..........i dont think ill own another french car again, they are nothing but trouble

The irony! :oops:

2 live
01-03-2006, 20:58
like i said earlier tho mate...most the expense has been down to extortionate labour costs by muppets who didnt have a fukkin clue what they were doin...how many fone calls did the guy give me to find out how to do stuff?? shudda charged him an advisors fee i think. lol

then u paid for the mods, which ended up costing u a new engine, which was money u shouldnt have been paying out IMO, the tuner who fukt ur oil pump shudda paid for that.

the discs/pads thing.......easy enuff to sort....and not overly expensive....

the susp thing......if owts broke...which i doubt, again easy enuff to sort.

the alt belt.....u know urself that was planned to be done a bit back...we just havent got round to it yet.

u need a run of good luck with it mate....thats all.

if u had a 2 month spell where it was as it should be...thered be no thoughts of sellin in ur head at all. but for it to be as it shud, it needs a bit of better treatment than its had on the mech side of things, itl be rite soon enuff.

northy
02-03-2006, 09:10
thats very true 2live

its the garages that have casued nearly all the problems bar the items that wear - calipers and disks.

i recon your makin a mistake to sell now - the breaks are nearly now sorted - but things take time.

the alternater belt needs tightening / replacing as that making a noise.

the cars too good to sell for that price - give it one last go - and get these brakes sorted and get it mapped then decide !!!

J o n
02-03-2006, 09:30
Jon, see where your coming from to a degree, the first garage I took the car to cost me THOUSANDS, and it shits you up when you have the guy telling you he's got no clue and you have to get someone else who knows what their doing to phone them... in hindsight I'd have taken the car out that garage and had it flat bed'ed to yours... too late now however... live and learn...

As regards the engine dying please stop pointing the finger at Ben, you think he's to blame, but I honestly and sincerely believe this not to be the case. As soon as the sump thing happened I was informed and it was replaced FOC, tbh he didn't really have to tell me as I'd have never noticed, dont think that's the sign of dishonesty or shady goings on tbh. Mike at the garage in Warrington said he's seen that loads of times and it's always just the pump failure, he's had to fix a fair few, water and oil pumps are a common job there, maybe not for us, I'm the only person I know of that's had this, but were only a small club and CS doesn't have any MK1 owners on there... one of them things, but that only cost me £700 all in thankfully (as Si and Mike took pity on me and hooked it up! pmsl).

All the faults are mounting up and it's getting to the stage where I have to bust my balls to pay for it as the faults are not only expensive, but numerous and frequent, but most annoyingly they are ****ing relentless, I've never known a car like it... my last one I thought took the piss when I had to pay out £300 on one service because of niggly faults... I ended up getting the money back however... warranty, useful things to have

Northy, i'll get whatever's ****ed fixed, unless it's expensive, in which case it's going now... it's going this year though without a shadow of doubt...

stew
02-03-2006, 09:34
both really, had 5 cambelt changes for various reasons in less than 2 year time frame... which costs... new engine, gearbox, flywheel, clutch x2, suspension (everything), countless set's of disks and bearings, all 4 callipers, drive shafts, 3 alternators, at least 4 starter motors, countless bushes and shitty little bits, gearbox mounts, few batteries, cat died on it almost immediately, standard bits of exhaust went, water pumps, oil pumps... most of all these bits were all over a short period for all the smaller stuff and longer periods between major failures, but the 1st major bill I got was over 3k from one garage when I had gearbox, clutch, flywheel, brakes completely replaced, some suspension etc... it never got any better from there really... worse

Jesus jesus (lol) thats a shit load of things!

Why the hell did it need 5 cambelt changes in less than 2 years?

3 alternators? why? surely one new one would sort the problem?

4 starter motors? again why?

everything else is general things that need replaced within time other than the engine (grrrr kent!)

Cars cost a stupid amount of money to run (especially performance hatches) so to say its cost 14k is true, but not a realistic figure.

As for people raving on about jap crap being sooooo good, they still break, need (expensive imo) services, parts are hard to find!

Most cars are designed with a 3-4 year life cycle, so anything older than that and you will have to start replacing quite a lot of things. It's just par for the course. You can get lucky, or in your case (unlucky!)

I'd say sell it and move on!

2 live
02-03-2006, 09:37
like iv said before mate....over 6 maybe 7 years of fukin about with f7s, iv never known another oil pump fail.....jackin the sump into it would be a good way of fukin it.....IMO lol

call it coincidense if u like......but i dont. ;)

and the other stuff will be sorted...trust me lol

J o n
02-03-2006, 09:44
mate, I know you know your shit, probably more than nearly anyone I know, but looking at it logically the pump would have just not worked instead of slowly dieing out for the next 2-3k miles and then going... Ben has paid for the sump and held his hands up, everyone makes mistakes now and again, but he paid for that and he's offering to sort me money out for the engine, but as I dont deem it anyway his fault I dont want a penny from him. No point trying to blame people imo, it's an old car and they break, everything else has broke, so no reason to see why the pump wouldn't fail at some point, I mean look at the brake prob, replace everything and the problem comes back... it's just normal for this car...

2 live
02-03-2006, 10:21
do u have brakes? does the pedal go to the floor again?

only pipes need replacin now then lol. :wink:

seriously mate.........the bills uv paid out over the last couple years wouldve already sealed the fate for many other owners....uv put a lot of coin into it, a lot of it un noticed, but its running somewhere near how it should now. u know my opinion lol.so wont go thru it again on here, but chill man..........itl be rite soon enuff.

J o n
02-03-2006, 10:37
brakes work well still mate, there's even more pedal feel than before, but for the first few minutes of driving the brakes feel stuck on the rear again and reversing it makes that humming noise like it did at LTR that time (well, it did that all the time, just that was the only time you lot heard it...)... brake lines are braided so fook knows... does my ****ing head in though...

2 live
02-03-2006, 10:39
lol.......friday. :wink:

J o n
02-03-2006, 10:44
still waiting for my boss to give me the okay on tomorrow, should be rate though... need to get tryes and brake light, oh and fog light sorted out... just bulbs like...

Swervin_Mervin
02-03-2006, 11:01
We still on for tomorrow 2Live?

2 live
02-03-2006, 11:02
aye mate

Swervin_Mervin
Cool. I don't need to brake at the mo, the car does it for me. :P

2 live
well jon.....195s sat waitin for ya lol............still.........;)

northy
02-03-2006, 11:07
20% off at costco when u mention williamsclio

Purple
02-03-2006, 11:21
{Wearing 17 layers of flame-proof balaclava, but I just have to ask}

Jesus, have you considered the mk2 clio? Know you don't like those, but can the bits that you don't like be exocised from the car? A lightened and tweaked 172 Cup should still be quite fun and, possibly, a reliable daily car?

Swervin_Mervin
02-03-2006, 11:25
PMSL @ Purplesun for suggesting another Renault! :P :wink:

J o n
02-03-2006, 12:05
{Wearing 17 layers of flame-proof balaclava, but I just have to ask}

Jesus, have you considered the mk2 clio? Know you don't like those, but can the bits that you don't like be exocised from the car? A lightened and tweaked 172 Cup should still be quite fun and, possibly, a reliable daily car?

... and to think that I thought you were a cool bloke... :lol:

nah, wouldn't piss on one if it was on fire mate, love the Cup's, but no fookin way, once the warranty runs out your ****ed imo... far too many horror stories, plus the main thing I'd want to change would be the engine as they are a) not powerful enough for me (but nor is a std Willy!) and b) they cost the earth to tune and the gains are laughable... then their's the soft lines and lack of ventage... dunno, too similar and too French for it's own good... next car needs to be either: better handling, faster, looks better etc etc, or a combination of... but it must be at least faster or handle better, which realistically only leaves cars that are faster, as tbh I dont think I'll ever drive a more nimble and chuckable car that's so easy to drive.

2 live, well remind me tomorrow that we need to goto that tyre place... will they repair the slow puncture on the rear right too??? What time you going tomorrow Mike??? I'll be finished work for 12 and ready to set off at about 20-30 mins past...

Swervin_Mervin
02-03-2006, 12:12
I was going to go up for about 10-ish John. Want to get cracking at the brakes as they're getting quite bad and if I need to buy owt I want to be able to get it same day.

2 live
02-03-2006, 12:17
well if u need any parts.....theres a motor factors down the street who u can haggle with lol..

then theres halfrauds 20 mins away. with a reno dealers 20 mins in 3 diff directions....hehe

J o n
02-03-2006, 12:18
no worries fella, i know me way there like the back of my hand now anyway! lol

I suggest going M60, come off at Rochdale A663 then going up the 627(M) as it cuts off about 10-20 minutes journey time.

Swervin_Mervin
02-03-2006, 12:23
I was just going to go through Milnrow then Todmorden mate. Which way you go then?

What you having done btw?

J o n
02-03-2006, 12:40
yeah it's still that way, but you just cut the ring road and some motorway out... basically come off at Chaddertson/Rochdale turn off, signed A663, at the end of the slip road do a right and then a right again at the lights, you'll go past Costco and MacD's, but keep on that road, it turns into an Mway and brings you out 1 junction before Jon's... it's much quicker mate. Juast seeing what the brake prob is on mine... still not right imo, it's making "i'm gonna **** up and cost you even more money" noises... need tyres and alty sorting too, nowt major there though really... well, hope not... never know with this thing

Swervin_Mervin
02-03-2006, 12:58
I get you. I sometimes do that way.