PDA

View Full Version : Cat D - Can i remove it!?

Rossco
27-02-2006, 14:36
I purchased my Willy 2 with a cat D (means its repairable) and have spent a lot of money getting the bodywork up to scratch. Does anyone know if i can get the Cat D thing removed now that i have carried out all the repairs?

Jamie.
27-02-2006, 14:41
no u cant. it will always be listed as a cat D write off, there is nothing u can do to stop that as this is the whole point of HPI checks

katbloke
27-02-2006, 15:54
well there is, it will always show as a cat d but there is a certifacte you can obtain stating the repair is of a high standard not sure what its called but with one should you ever want to sell the car you can get prob 20% more than you can with out it

MattyH16valver
27-02-2006, 18:15
A company called "AutoLign Inspections" who can test your vehicle for hidden damage etc and will book your car into an appropriate garage, which has all the necessary equipment for testing chassis alignment, cut and shuts etc. It's not cheap though...around £200 for the test, and if it does not pass the test then u can have repairs done for the car to reach a satisfactory standard, then u pay around another £50 for a re-test. If the vehicle passes then the info is passed onto the Condition Inspection Register for the Vehicle Condition Alert Register with HPI in 3-10 working days (pending method of payment), and therefore you'll know that what you're selling or buying is perfectly acceptable .

Hope this helps....Matt :D